The new disease affecting America.
Signs of anorexia athletica:
- Repeatedly exercise beyond the requirements for good health.
- Be a fanatic about weight and diet,
- Steal time to exercise from work, school, and relationships.
- Strive to achieve and master ever more difficult challenges. Forgets that physical activity can be fun.
- Define self-worth in terms of performance.
- Rarely or never satisfied with athletic achievements. Small satisfactions are fleeting. Does not savor victory. Pushes on to the next challenge immediately.
- Justifies excessive behavior by defining self as a “special” elite athlete.
If this is you, GET HELP. Immediately.
This has been your public service announcement for the day.