T Nation

Better Treatment at Restaurants

I might not be as big as some guys on this site, but finally within the last past two years I got to the level where people say that I look like a bodybuilder. Finally!

Have any of you guys experienced better treatment at restaurants because the person serving KNOWS you need to eat more than the Average Joe?

I swear, I have had servers give me more food because they knew some paltry serving was not going to cut it.

During the summer, my other bodybuilding buddy went to the park to play some ball and went to a diner afterwards. Now, usually they give you those mini-plates with a scoop of coleslaw and half a pickly and a little water glass.

My friend and I were served two tall glasses of water, a full plate of coleslaw for us to serve ourselves from and about 12 dozen pickle halves. This waitress knew what was up!

Another time at a sushi bar, my friend was eating his sashimi and as he was eating, the sushi chef kept throwing more sashimi on my friend’s plate, free!

Another time I ordered a chicken salad on rye sandwich at a sit down deli here. Before I took the sandwich from the cashier, she said “eh, this is not going to be enough. Hold on”. She gave me what was probably half a pound more of chicken salad in an extra container, FREE.

Another time, I was being served coffee at a diner and the waitress gave me a bit of coffee for a refill, but before going said “nah, that ain’t gonna do it” and poured it to the brim.

Any of you guys get this?

Guess I aint 'swole enuff dawg.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Guess I aint 'swole enuff dawg.[/quote]

Then you better get swole.

The lunch lady at school gave me milk for free when I got to lunch late after she’d emptied the cash register. Does that count? She’s a nice lady. Lunch people are usually pretty cool…

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t because of my size though…

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
GetSwole wrote:
Guess I aint 'swole enuff dawg.

Then you better get swole.[/quote]

zing!

I feel ya man it happens to me all the time i always get more food and seem to get treated with more respect nomatter where i go to eat.

I have a feeling that you’d get the same effect by simply asking for free stuff. “Is there any reason why you can’t serve an extra chicken breast for free?”

Also, why don’t you post pics in your profile? I always get curious when people talk about how others perceive them differently now that they have some mass.

The cook at work gave me double the bacon and an extra egg today because he thinks I’m too skinny. I was pretty happy :slight_smile: (about the extra food, not the reason)

I think it’s all in your head

[quote]anthropocentric wrote:
I have a feeling that you’d get the same effect by simply asking for free stuff. “Is there any reason why you can’t serve an extra chicken breast for free?”

Also, why don’t you post pics in your profile? I always get curious when people talk about how others perceive them differently now that they have some mass. [/quote]

I’ve seen one of his older pics.
Looked pretty bodybuilder-ish to me.

one of the cooks in the kitchen hooks me up with mashed potatoes w/ bacon + cheese. first i got a regular size, then i got like a legit bowl. ive never even finished it though lol.

thats cool they hook you up though. but huh?@ getting extra cofee like why do bigger people need more?

Live,
I do not NEED more.

Debra,
You’re fucking hot!

Wilmer,
Could be. Its just a thought after all. I don’t look to others for validation, but when you are doing something for a goal (ie: getting big) and people state that you are making progess or give cues that progress has been made, it feels good!

GetSwole,
Maybe you aren’t.

Anthro,
Fair point. I don’t know why one would be curious though. We judge people constantly - well, most of us. Fat, muscular, skinny, beautiful, homely, and nerdy people all get judged and treated differently. I think this is universally accepted as true.

:o

Thank you very much :smiley:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
I might not be as big as some guys on this site, but finally within the last past two years I got to the level where people say that I look like a bodybuilder. Finally!

Have any of you guys experienced better treatment at restaurants because the person serving KNOWS you need to eat more than the Average Joe?

I swear, I have had servers give me more food because they knew some paltry serving was not going to cut it.

During the summer, my other bodybuilding buddy went to the park to play some ball and went to a diner afterwards. Now, usually they give you those mini-plates with a scoop of coleslaw and half a pickly and a little water glass.

My friend and I were served two tall glasses of water, a full plate of coleslaw for us to serve ourselves from and about 12 dozen pickle halves. This waitress knew what was up!

Another time at a sushi bar, my friend was eating his sashimi and as he was eating, the sushi chef kept throwing more sashimi on my friend’s plate, free!

Another time I ordered a chicken salad on rye sandwich at a sit down deli here. Before I took the sandwich from the cashier, she said “eh, this is not going to be enough. Hold on”. She gave me what was probably half a pound more of chicken salad in an extra container, FREE.

Another time, I was being served coffee at a diner and the waitress gave me a bit of coffee for a refill, but before going said “nah, that ain’t gonna do it” and poured it to the brim.

Any of you guys get this? [/quote]

Yup. I get this more in a non-restaurant situation. people at work always give me double helpings whenever there is a shared lunch. Or if I go somewhere, quite often ladies there will prepare plates of leftovers for me to take home. Parents of students I teach/coach, aunts, and other randoms seem to give me bags/plates of free food often. Or they say ‘Give the biggest piece to Dean’ or something like that. It is sweet

my principal would buy me those 2.5 lb tubs of yogurt occasionally in high school… and i was always allowed to eat in class :smiley:

some workers at sandwich places pile the meat on for me, some give me less

i doubt at restaraunts the servers whisper to the cooks “yeah this dish is for a big boy so give him extra”…

i mean some might

but its really just the luck of the draw

None of my examples involved cooks. Cooks don’t serve sandwiches at delis and coffee and coleslaw and water at diners. The server does. No need to tell a cook something. I am done with this thread.

What was a insignificant observation turned into me being full of myself.

Peace out, homies!

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
What was a insignificant observation turned into me being full of myself.
[/quote]

At least we werent the only ones who noticed.

Wilmer,
Could be. Its just a thought after all. I don’t look to others for validation, but when you are doing something for a goal (ie: getting big) and people state that you are making progess or give cues that progress has been made, it feels good!

No doubt. That’s what gives me motivation.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
None of my examples involved cooks. Cooks don’t serve sandwiches at delis and coffee and coleslaw and water at diners. The server does. No need to tell a cook something. I am done with this thread.

What was a insignificant observation turned into me being full of myself.

Peace out, homies![/quote]

Look, it’s Tucker Max !

(sry, couldn’t resist ^_^)

I guess I resemble him a bit. :slight_smile: