Better Results Following a Good Coaches Advice

Beginners will always get better results following a good coaches advice,true or false?

So many great programs on here from the best coaches in the world,the best advice I can give is to take THEIR advice on training. Lets talk about who our fav coaches are on T-Nation

Hany Rambod

sesumatse

I honestly would follow a path like this if I were a begginer

1. Chad Waterbury total body training 3x/week
  2. Coach thibaudeau how to build a damn good program
  3. A split by KingBeef on his thread
  4. DC training for 6months
  5. MountainDogTraining forever

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
sesumatse[/quote]

LOL

ZRAW listed some good names IMO.

The real problem beginners face is that they may have no idea how to construct a program to their goals, may be performing the exercises incorrectly, and may be eating in a way that doesn’t even allow for gains to be realized from what may be an excellent training approach. That’s why you will see newbies carrying the latest M&F pages torn out of the magazine and following Phil Heath’s Olympia Winning Program. Not out of stupidity, but out of a general feeling of having no direction (and who better to listen to that Mr. Olympia?)

Unfortunately, this doesn’t usually work, and it results in them learning nothing about their own body in the process.

S

[quote]zraw wrote:

5. MountainDogTraining forever[/quote]

funny you say that. literally did almost exactly this. Waterbury’s TBT at around age 16, followed up by 5x5. Then played a d1 sport first 2 years of college so I had to follow a lifting program by my school’s strength coaches for the years i played. Then did king beef’s 5 day then 6 day split last year, Currently doing DC ( age 21), plan on moving to Mountain Dog training next year.

Hopefully since ive followed your advice I’ll end up looking like you!

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
The real problem beginners face is that they may have no idea how to construct a program to their goals, may be performing the exercises incorrectly, and may be eating in a way that doesn’t even allow for gains to be realized from what may be an excellent training approach. That’s why you will see newbies carrying the latest M&F pages torn out of the magazine and following Phil Heath’s Olympia Winning Program. Not out of stupidity, but out of a general feeling of having no direction (and who better to listen to that Mr. Olympia?)

Unfortunately, this doesn’t usually work, and it results in them learning nothing about their own body in the process.

S[/quote]

Very good post. The “program” (exercise selection, set-rep schemes, etc.) is typically not where beginners fuck it up. A good approach would be to be taken under the wings of a non-retarded, experienced guy in the local gym. Or hire somebody like Meadow. His programs come with detailed descriptions on how to execute exercises and what “feel” to shoot for.

Btw, the same applies to powerlifting. The fine details of technique and weakness detections/corrections are so much more important than some fancy “Russian” program.

Lol shore,tell ur buttcrack to read a lil more k. The speed work Simmons learned from having the Russian journals translated has been crucial in the success hes had at his Westside Barbell club that he owns.

It is the strongest gym in the world.

The Russian method of a speed day that Louie teaches is performed on 50% of their training days.

The “fancy” method breaks world records and wins gold ath the olympics,u shoulda read more or at least picked a non proven method to criticize. I really love where u said the 5x5 was worthless for gaining muscle, an instant classic mouthfart lets hear another!

Hey shore how would shortening or extending the rest periods between sets affect your results from a 5x5 program?? O ya it wouldnt right cause 5x5 is useless?!>

[quote]sesumatse wrote:
Lol shore,tell ur buttcrack to read a lil more k. The speed work Simmons learned from having the Russian journals translated has been crucial in the success hes had at his Westside Barbell club that he owns.

It is the strongest gym in the world.

The Russian method of a speed day that Louie teaches is performed on 50% of their training days.

The “fancy” method breaks world records and wins gold ath the olympics,u shoulda read more or at least picked a non proven method to criticize. I really love where u said the 5x5 was worthless for gaining muscle, an instant classic mouthfart lets hear another!

Hey shore how would shortening or extending the rest periods between sets affect your results from a 5x5 program?? O ya it wouldnt right cause 5x5 is useless?!>[/quote]

You must be a troll because nobody can be that stupid.

Since you are trolling, could you at least try to be funny from now on? You are boring.

[quote]MAK40 wrote:

[quote]zraw wrote:

5. MountainDogTraining forever[/quote]

funny you say that. literally did almost exactly this. Waterbury’s TBT at around age 16, followed up by 5x5. Then played a d1 sport first 2 years of college so I had to follow a lifting program by my school’s strength coaches for the years i played. Then did king beef’s 5 day then 6 day split last year, Currently doing DC ( age 21), plan on moving to Mountain Dog training next year.

Hopefully since ive followed your advice I’ll end up looking like you! [/quote]

Even better I hope :smiley:

Tip for DC and it happened to a lot of us having spoken with other advanced guy… yes you must beat the logbook but… make sure your form stays the same from week to week. What we noticed is that we focused on str gains so much that in our mind if the #s didnt go up we didnt accomplish what we were supposed to… so what happened is form got looser and looser until it was cruise time and then repeat…

DO NOT DO THIS. lol

Nice general response there shore very informative!

Yup that Louie Simmons guy is pretty stupid for teaching that fancy method huh, his dumb fancy stuff doesnt help anyone right, CLASSIC!!!

I thought training was the focus here, got a bathroom for pissing.

[quote]sesumatse wrote:

Yup that Louie Simmons guy is pretty stupid for teaching that fancy method huh, his dumb fancy stuff doesnt help anyone right, CLASSIC!!!

I thought training was the focus here, got a bathroom for pissing.[/quote]

This must be a joke!

A big part of the Westside method besides dynamic effort, is also to find and work on your weaknesses. Thats pretty close to what Infite shore said in he`s original post you decided to attack.

[quote]sesumatse wrote:

I thought training was the focus here, got a bathroom for pissing.[/quote]

we can all name-drop coaches, do you not have any original thoughts?

Lol He did attack the dynamic method as “some fancy russian program” while Simmons says its extremely important, Simmons owns anyone here in regards to strength training k. Ya can u tell i follow coaches advice? U know why, it works the best, learned that a long long time ago.I do what great coaches say, record my progress and see what works best for me. Had alot less luck following the magazine hogwash. World class coaches and science interest me more than generalizations I hear or program guessing.

Point is, I talk about a method the coach advises highly and say hey this is great! Then some tard says hey thats stupid as hell, so hes saying coaches method is stupid, not mine. In the end we have Louie Simmons dynamic speed day is stupid as hell, now thats an argument u just cant say seriously!

Kinda sucks when u get caught huh shore. Now go tell Louie his “fancy” russian program doesnt work!

My original training thoughts are try new methods, enjoy them, keep what works and perfect it, throw out what doesnt…

go tell ur buttcrack to read a lil more kay!!!

he was making a point that programming is not where beginners fail

I can relate to that as a noob. Far more articles describe programming, than they describe concepts such as the MMC and getting tight under the bar, which are things that took me years to pick up on my own - and are more crucial to me at this stage of training.

Anyone think Dan Trink writes good programs? Yes I know random as hell.

Dan John for lifting and life.

Wel Brown I love to read so will do!! Man ur pic is funny as hell shitting while marathoning, the look on that dudes face is priceless!!

Its that the fancy russian program he busted on comes with great and free instructions and demonstrations from a legend as to how to do it correctly. So he kinda missed that part, where the legend goes over exactly that.