T Nation

Better Pictures

[quote]zraw wrote:
This deserves more than a 1.8, thats the neckboy rating[/quote]

I think his neck deserves it…

well theres more to the routine then that but you guys are correct i gotta stop fucking around im 22 times tickin away.

If you’re lookin for good routines or what might be better training go take a look at my log, it’s pretty detailed and I did a RMP on here earlier and it got rated 6.5 or 6.6 and I wasn’t even finished with my cut. So feel free to go take a look just search LM training log

Hey, lookin’ good man. I give you a 4. I think you have a good build but feel you need more size but hey, who doesn’t. LoL. You look like you do alot of running. May I suggest some swimming as well. It helped me get a more broad shoulder look and definatly works your lats. Also it’s unbelievable cardio-wise. Good job man and hope to see your progress a year from now.

I gave it a 4…meant to give it a 5. Need some more quad/hamstring size. How much ball do you play per week? I play about 25 hours per week during the summer, and my legs are usually too beat to hit with any heavy squatting (Although I still deadlift). So maybe it’s just that

Needs more leg work.

[quote]Dylanj wrote:
you have what, three different RMP threads going? why? why not “surprise” us all a yr from now with your glorious physique, instead of new monthly/weekly threads. or go to the progress forum and post all you want.[/quote]

this is why you got an 8+ and he has a 3.

actually i do no runing at all just alot of plyometrics and circuit training.

[quote] wrote:
[/quote]

hes talking mass

I say throw out the plyos and just squat EVERY workout. Ive found that this works very very well and I am also around your height so no excuses. Your legs need alot of squating. Make sure you go below parallel on every rep. Look how big and cut your arms and abs are and then look at your chicken legs. Also your obviously not working your lats hard enough.

Drop the machines and start doing heavt barbell rows off the floor, power cleans, and deadlifts. When you do your pullups and chinups, use a FULL range of motion. That means chin over the bar and down to a dead hang on every rep. That will bring your back up with the rest of your body. I too neglected my legs and back for a long time. Keep up the good work.

[quote]gqballa3 wrote:
actually i do no runing at all just alot of plyometrics and circuit training.[/quote]

And it’s not working - do squats, do deadlifts.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
gqballa3 wrote:

And it’s not working - do squats, do deadlifts.[/quote]

X2

I did plyometrics, it is for wearing the fat and increasing agility, never built a ounce of muscle with plyometrics it turns you lean… beachbody lean…

I’m pretty impressed with Balla leaping over a 50+ inch box.

It’s pretty strange that he can be that explosive but have such small legs.

I gotta admit, your chest is looking alright.
Benching has done you well. Now start Squatting and Deadlifting.

Don’t stop doing plyos. But one leg day a week isn’t going to fuck you up.

[quote]zraw wrote:
neckboy[/quote]

lol

[quote]Makavali wrote:
gqballa3 wrote:

And it’s not working - do squats, do deadlifts.[/quote]

Are you kidding? It is working great, he can jump out the gym. I do think he should add some squats but he shouldn’t go crazy with them if his priority is basketball.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Makavali wrote:
gqballa3 wrote:

Are you kidding? It is working great, he can jump out the gym. I do think he should add some squats but he shouldn’t go crazy with them if his priority is basketball.
[/quote]

No one is giving him enough credit for his box jump. That’s for sure. He should defiantly continue his jump training and plyometric training, but weightlifting would probably do him some good. We all know Jordan and Kobe hit the gym. And Lebron James is pretty thick for a basketball player with 3+ pounds of bodyweight per inch of height. I doubt he got that way just from running around on the court and doing some jump training.

some advice…start doing one day a week of heavy squatting/deads. with all the basketball you play(and the plyos) you have developed plenty of explosiveness in your legs. If you develop more power you will see your jumping improve more dramatically. This helped me immeasurably.

BTW, I played/play at a very high level.

IIRC a lot of pro basketball players are doing box squats, and incorperating some westside stuff into their routines. I’m pretty sure I read this at EFTS.

Elite has a lot of stuff on sports training you might want to check out:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/nba_elites.htm

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/bball_plyo_strength.htm

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/baller_barbell.htm

just to post a few.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Makavali wrote:
gqballa3 wrote:

[/quote]

I’m not kidding. I never said stop the plyo - just add some squats and deads.