Better Pics of Jason Momoa as Conan

Looks badass.

Definitely not big enough but I’m very impressed and surprised at how his facial features fit so well with the original character of Conan! Actually better than Arnold! So maybe I was wrong about the soy boy conspiracy…

ahhhhhhhhh with seeing this new info brought forward I will pass judgment when the movie trailer is released.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
ahhhhhhhhh with seeing this new info brought forward I will pass judgment when the movie trailer is released.[/quote]

Ditto.

They clearly put a lot of work into digitally touching up his appearance. It worked.

I enjoyed his character on the SCI-Fi TC show Stargate Atlantas…He played a badass and he looked huge, although mostly covered up. How many people are as big as Arnold and can act anyways? The Rock would have probably been able to pull it off, but he’s too busy playing in sissy role’s like “the Toothferry”…

Not a huge guy, but defintely pulled off being a badass warrior on the show.

[quote]evilachilles9 wrote:
btw… onwards that avatar is awesome!!![/quote]

I got stuck watching it for a few minutes.

I think he looks imposing now. That last pic didn’t do the dude any justice. Guess we will have to wait and see the end product.

Still looks small to me.

If I recall in the last thread everyone was talking about how this dude was too little. Nothing’s changed but now he has eyeliner on and everyone wants to get on the baby conan bandwagon.

The further wussification of America. To be continued…

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
Still looks small to me.

If I recall in the last thread everyone was talking about how this dude was too little. Nothing’s changed but now he has eyeliner on and everyone wants to get on the baby conan bandwagon.

The further wussification of America. To be continued…[/quote]

I was one of the guys saying he was too small, I’ve seen 2 different angles the one in this thread he looks bigger the one in others he looks significantly smaller. But I would not say he looks small from these pictures. He looks big enough at 6’4 to be a threatening bouncer, not sure what you’re looking at.

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
Still looks small to me.

So 20-30lbs on a character in a film is the standard by which you measure the wussification of America? What if the said character kills twice as many as Arnie’s character and with three times as much blood? Still too pussy because he’s not swole enough?

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
Still looks small to me.

Your oversimplification is more apparent that this “wussification” you speak of.

This isn’t a bodybuilding contest…it’s a movie where a MEDIUM of acting/and physical appearance must happen.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
Still looks small to me.

Your oversimplification is more apparent that this “wussification” you speak of.

This isn’t a bodybuilding contest…it’s a movie where a MEDIUM of acting/and physical appearance must happen.

[/quote]

I thoroughly enjoyed the Original conan. The acting let’s say wasn’t oscar worthy but also not the reason I enjoyed it.

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
Still looks small to me.

Really? I think the dude is pulling off the Conan look a lot better than Arnold did. And that’s just based on those photos. Still small? Dude is 6’5! Yeah… wussification, indeed.

"At 6 feet, 5 inches and 215 pounds, Momoa, of Hawaiian heritage on his fatherâ??s side, fits the physical features of Conan. (His green eyes can be made blue with contact lenses, Momoa noted.)

He expects to add 10 more pounds of muscle to his frame with help of David Leitch, a stunt performer seen in â??The Bourne Ultimatumâ?? and Chad Stahelski, the martial arts stunt coordinator for â??The Matrix Reloadedâ?? and â??The Matrix Revolutions.â?? The Des Moines Register - Des Moines, Iowa, News and Sports

At 6 feet, 5 inches and 215 -230 pounds, PRETTY INTIMIDATING!!!

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
"At 6 feet, 5 inches and 215 pounds, Momoa, of Hawaiian heritage on his father�¢??s side, fits the physical features of Conan. (His green eyes can be made blue with contact lenses, Momoa noted.)

He expects to add 10 more pounds of muscle to his frame with help of David Leitch, a stunt performer seen in �¢??The Bourne Ultimatum�¢?? and Chad Stahelski, the martial arts stunt coordinator for �¢??The Matrix Reloaded�¢?? and �¢??The Matrix Revolutions.�¢?? The Des Moines Register - Des Moines, Iowa, News and Sports

[/quote]

From the same article:

The character of Conan is a fictional Cimmerian warrior created in 1932 by Texan writer Robert E. Howard. This will be the third major movie about the 6-foot 2-inch, 210-pound Conan…

From wiki:

Though Howard never gave a strict height or weight for Conan in a story, only describing him in loose terms like “giant” and “massive”, he did once state that Conan and another of Howard’s characters, the crusader Cormac Fitzgeoffrey, were “physical doubles” at 6’2" and 210 lbs

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:
"At 6 feet, 5 inches and 215 pounds, Momoa, of Hawaiian heritage on his father�?�¢??s side, fits the physical features of Conan. (His green eyes can be made blue with contact lenses, Momoa noted.)

He expects to add 10 more pounds of muscle to his frame with help of David Leitch, a stunt performer seen in �?�¢??The Bourne Ultimatum�?�¢?? and Chad Stahelski, the martial arts stunt coordinator for �?�¢??The Matrix Reloaded�?�¢?? and �?�¢??The Matrix Revolutions.�?�¢?? The Des Moines Register - Des Moines, Iowa, News and Sports

[/quote]

From the same article:

The character of Conan is a fictional Cimmerian warrior created in 1932 by Texan writer Robert E. Howard. This will be the third major movie about the 6-foot 2-inch, 210-pound Conan…

From wiki:

Though Howard never gave a strict height or weight for Conan in a story, only describing him in loose terms like “giant” and “massive”, he did once state that Conan and another of Howard’s characters, the crusader Cormac Fitzgeoffrey, were “physical doubles” at 6’2" and 210 lbs[/quote]

He certainly wasn’t drawn that way.

In general, though, I do agree with you. A balance between acting ability and size is what is needed for this role.

What happened to all of the “but he must be white” people?

Dunno. I actually missed that part of the debate. He looks (in the images) close enough to REH’s ethnic discription of the Cimmerians(kind of a light-eyed dark-haired celtic people) that the issue didn’t even come across my radar.

The guy playing him is “white enough”, I guess.