T Nation

Better Pics of Jason Momoa as Conan

I know there was a lengthy thread already…but I’m sure these pics will make for a better discussion of Frazetta’s image of Conan versus Arnold’s image as being a more “true” representation of Howard’s descriptions.

I know people are still going to be upset that he’s not “huge” and all,but damn…I see Conan when I look at these pics.

Maybe if Momoa wasn’t so tall(he’s 6’4")…he would give a better “illusion” of being huge.

Based on what Hollywood usually tries to pass off as a “big” guy, I think he looks damned good.

If Conan were an actual historical figure that’s probably closer to what he’d look like. Have no clue if the movie will be any good but this guy definitely looks the part.

he will be fine

Looks like all it takes is a mean looking scowl, if the man can act he’ll be awesome.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
I know people are still going to be upset that he’s not “huge” and all,but damn…I see Conan when I look at these pics.

Maybe if Momoa wasn’t so tall(he’s 6’4")…he would give a better “illusion” of being huge. [/quote]

Right there with you. The look in the eyes screams Conan, to me.

I’m a hyuge fan of the original movies, it would be hard to try n replace arnold, but this guys looks like a barbarian and cant wait for the movie!!

btw… onwards that avatar is awesome!!!

he looks completely different to the other pics, i take back what said

After watching him in Stargate Atlantis, I thought he’d pull off barbarian well.

I think he’ll work for me.

[quote]caveman101 wrote:
he looks completely different to the other pics, i take back what said[/quote]

The image of Arnie as Conan is a tough one to beat, match or even come close to esp. since it was a childhood movie favorite of mine but Big B’s images are v.good!

His facial expression is mean enough to make me believe that there may be some serious head crushing and gratuitous blood letting in store, making this a credible movie worth checking out!

This is good news, I was worried that they would fuck it up by using some little wimp as Conan but now I’m looking forward to this movie.

he looks nothing like Conan O’Brien, what are you guys talking about?

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
If Conan were an actual historical figure that’s probably closer to what he’d look like. Have no clue if the movie will be any good but this guy definitely looks the part.[/quote]

The point of Conan isn’t to look realistic. It’s like if iron man was some tin shit bucket people would justify it as “well if someone really built iron man this is what he would probably look like.”

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:

Maybe if Momoa wasn’t so tall(he’s 6’4")…he would give a better “illusion” of being huge. [/quote]
I agree. I can look at his face and see Conan. I’m sure that he will gain weight if this film does well enough to justify a sequel.

Sheeeeeit! This dude looks like the real deal. Based upon what everyone was saying about Conan’s “swagger”, Momoa seems to have captured it, based on the photos alone. I’ll either be waiting in line to see this, or I’ll be waiting anxiously for the bootleg!

Yep…he does look quite a bit better in those pics.