T Nation

Better Nutrient Books

Hey All,
I’ve been re-reading Optimum Sports Nutrition by Michael Colgan for the last 10 years. I’m looking for a new vitamin/mineral book, that’s better than the Colgan book.
I’m not looking for diet books,etc., but books on optimizing nutrient intake by supplementation. Information based on science.

So, any suggestions on an updated book to the already great Colgan book?

Comguy

Yeah, ON was great back in the day, and still has a lot of applicability.

I’ve developed The Anabolic Index to demonstrate the power of optimizing our biochemistry through nutrition.

There are decent books around, but I don’t think that this area has been adequately addressed considering the amount of new information we have available.

It’s currently in editing and should be on sale within the month. Stay tuned to T-Nation for more info!

[quote]David Barr wrote:
Yeah, ON was great back in the day, and still has a lot of applicability.

I’ve developed The Anabolic Index to demonstrate the power of optimizing our biochemistry through nutrition.

There are decent books around, but I don’t think that this area has been adequately addressed considering the amount of new information we have available.

It’s currently in editing and should be on sale within the month. Stay tuned to T-Nation for more info![/quote]

SOunds great really look forward to it, there is definitely a lack of good sports nutrition books around at the moment,

ShadoW

Luise Burke and Ron Maughan are two people to look out for imo.
Some good titles between them.