T Nation

Better Food Log Than FitDay?

I signed up for FitDay and it looks good for the most part, but what bugs me is that it won’t seem to break down the food into ‘meals’…I know that might seem trivial at first, but I don’t want to look back on a day’s diet and see 50 ingredients and try to figure out what went into what meal. Make sense?

Or is there a meal dividing option that I’m not seeing?

I saw a recommendation for another food tracking software, I think it was Spark-something…not sure how good that is. I know I can make my own custom sheets in Excel but I’d rather not re-invent the wheel…

I think you are looking for

you know you can make custom foods right, and add ingredients in?

For instance, say you want to make a peanutbutter & jelly sandwhich?

click create new food, then on the food explorer search for bread, jelly, and pb, and add all 3 of them, (making sure to use the appropriate amount of each food)

also under each food you can click what meal it was a part of.

just put MEAL END as a custom meal and seperate them that way, thats wut i do

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
you know you can make custom foods right, and add ingredients in?

For instance, say you want to make a peanutbutter & jelly sandwhich?

click create new food, then on the food explorer search for bread, jelly, and pb, and add all 3 of them, (making sure to use the appropriate amount of each food)

also under each food you can click what meal it was a part of. [/quote]

are you talking about Fitday or sparkpeople?

hmm, I never knew about this custom meal thing. I’m going to start doing that. Thanks.

btw, I think he’s talking about fitday, if not, I’m still totally lost

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
hmm, I never knew about this custom meal thing. I’m going to start doing that. Thanks.

btw, I think he’s talking about fitday, if not, I’m still totally lost[/quote]

thanks

just started setting up Sparkpeople today and you only seem to be able to have 3 meals and a snack

• doesn’t really fit in 6 meal/snack schedule

guess i’ll check out fitday

I’ve been using Fitday, and I also make use of the custom food. You can add anything you want.