Better Conditioning

I was wondering how long it usually takes approximately to get in better running shape. What I mean is that the front of my legs right by my shins i get a lot of lactic acid build up fairly quickly. My lungs seem to last a little longer but my legs seem to give out. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bro really no telling, very individual just keep going if its a goal and you will slowly get better.

I find endurance conditioning to a point comes much faster then maximal strength

Phill

as phil said, endurance improvements ocme mch faster than max strength. You should see improvemnts an almost a daily basis in your endurance if you work at it.

[quote]breadnut wrote:
I was wondering how long it usually takes approximately to get in better running shape. What I mean is that the front of my legs right by my shins i get a lot of lactic acid build up fairly quickly. My lungs seem to last a little longer but my legs seem to give out. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. [/quote]

Eat well, lift big and work hard!

Obstacles are meant to trampled upon, then laughed at from the pedestal of success.

Are you talking about shin splints?

[quote]breadnut wrote:
I was wondering how long it usually takes approximately to get in better running shape. What I mean is that the front of my legs right by my shins i get a lot of lactic acid build up fairly quickly. My lungs seem to last a little longer but my legs seem to give out. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. [/quote]

What are you talking about?

Sounds like shin splints…more of a problem with your running style than your conditioning. I’d recommend getting some heel cups to go in your running shoes.

Also, a couple times a day, walk around for about 90 seconds with your toes pulled up as far as you can (try to touch the top of your foot to your shin). It will also help to run on a soft surface

The feeling of lactic acid buildup in the front of your shin is probably not shin splints. Shin splints gives a feeling like your muscle is getting pulled off your bone. Sounds like you probably have compartment syndrome. Most likely your anterior or deep posterior compartment.

Stretch your calfs and if that doesn’t work try also stretching your tibialis anterior. See how that goes.

I had this same problem when I started running a lot. It had a lot to do with the fact that I was running in hiking boots cuz I thought theyd have more support than my everyday shoes. The extra weight of the hiking boot really killed the front muscles on my shins building up lactic acid and causing me to stop running befor ei was physically tired. To fix it I,

1. Bought proper lightweight running shoes.

2. Like someone else mentioned, stretched those muscles well every time before I ran, and it got rid of the problem.