Bets and Pugs: Fat Fast Update?

Thanks, guys, for sticking around under seriously adverse circumstances. I would have run for the hills long ago if even a fraction of the negativity and nastiness you’ve dealt with had been directed my way.

I love T-Nation, and I post here for one reason, to help others. What I don’t “love” is some of the feeding frenzies I’ve seen. I liken it to a pack of jackels taking down prey and starting to feed even before the animal is dead.

Surprisingly, one of the more positive changes to the forum has been the addition of the Dog Pound, where those that were helpful and knowledgable were granted entrance and “nasty bastards” were told they need not apply. It has caused many to examine their behavior and the tone of their responses. Nastiness here on the Training & Nutrition forum has dropped to an all time low. Hallelujah! I hope it lasts. (Chris Shugart & Co, you done good!!!)

In the meantime, Bets & Pugs, I’m just another one of many that is actively in your corner and praying for your success. And Fitone, you too are appreciated. I’ve never seen anything from you but the spirit of helpfulness, a willingness to share what you know and help others. You, too, have many loyal supporters. I wish you all the best with your personal challenges.

big ups to bets and pugs. if most of the people on the board had half the heart and determination, sans the pugs xmas pigout :-), nobody would need to bitch. youall have my total respect and admiration. i recently got my overweight father on a modified fat fast (a few greens at dinner) and i hope he keeps at it.
reading the bets and pugs posts gets me fired up to keep at my dad, emailing him, calling him, knowing it can be done. you two inspire us. so keep up the hard work and don’t let the comments from a few dimwits get you down. they don’t know you, and frankly, i hope they never do. keep ya head up, and know that even us skinny folk pay attention and derive inspiration from your transformation. peace.

Just to let you all know I am officially over with Fat fast…I did the initial first two weeks before Xmas then went hog wild over xmas and a week after… then I did another week of it…and got off track again. But needless to say even with me going off the diet twice i have still retained a net fat loss of 8 pounds…(im at 245 now)and thats all carbed up with plenty of water and glycogen stored…so overall im pleased…it was hard but I think worth it in some ways(speedy fat loss) and not in others(intense cravings)…But overall i am satisfied with the results…and thank god my body has only put on about 3-4 pounds of fat in the last few weeks of eating whatever I want…and Didnt load all that fat back on my as soon as my calories went back up…seeing as i would deserve it if it did…but im thankful that it didn’t. I am now going on something A little bit more permanent(t-dawg 2.0) for another 6 months and I think I will be able to achieve my goals in that time period…I am also starting HST to do along with this diet…But thanks for all the support to all of you who have supported me through the thick and thin , i really appreciate it and you have a heartfelt “thanx” from me for giving endless support and being the true t-men that this site has raised you to be…Ill keep you all posted on results from t-dawg 2.0 as soon as they keep coming in consitently…until then peace and keep up the good work and good luck to you all.

Pugs

where are those after pics you promised us?

I said That i was gonna do the when I finish ny transformation…not when I get done Fat Fast…I still have another 25-30 lbs of fat to go…before I will be at my desired bodyfat level…then I will post pics of myself. …If i can get ahold of one soon…I might post A pic of myself in Body armor which is a really tight undergarment soon…but Im not gonna post a pic of my upper till I have at least an outline of a six pac to show off…Ill see what i can do about a pic soon…

Pugs

Bump …just wanted to make sure everyone that helped me sees my thank you to them.

pugs

Thanks for the update, Pugs. And please give my best to Bets. The two of you have a lot of fans here on T-Mag.

Tampa Terry–I hadn’t been on the forum in a while because I was pretty deeply hurt and embarrassed by a lot of what was said in response to my weight and body fat percentage. I made the decision to take a break from the forum for a while. I just came back on tonight and your last few posts really moved me. I’m glad that no matter what my weight or starting point (in comparison to what the bashers call you “hard core BBs”) there are people here who support me.

Anyways, until I reach my goal weight, I dont want to post my weight or BF% because the negativity really gets me down. However, I must say that I was extremely impressed with the Fat Fast program, though Xmas served as a bit of an obstacle. But, as it is not a long term solution, I am on T-Dawg 2.0 for the remainder of my fat loss.

Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you to Tampa Terry and Fitone and the rest of you who have been so supportive. Stay tuned for my pictures within the next 6-12 months.

My letter titled “Hardcore?” in the present issue of reader mail was partly inspired by you guys. Like i said before you guys have the support of the vets here on the boards. I will honestly tell ya. I push mountains of steel, am way bigger than average, and consider myself to be pretty hardcore, but theres no way in hell i have enough will-power to do what you guys did. Stay Strong you guys. You’ve already made the hardest step. Oh and maybe this will inspire ya. When i started liftin again at 18 i was 265 pounds and 24%bf. Now im 217 and just cracked 9% this morning. It’ll come keep it up.

What a GREAT choice, Bets, T-Dawg 2!!! You used FF to jump-start the fat-loss process, and now you’ve shifted to T-Dawg for the rest of your journey. I couldn’t have picked anything better.

Do me a favor, please. If you hit any plateaus or have any questions, track me down. You could even post under a different name. Honestly, we’re ALL on a journey, trying to improve our appearance, improve our health and just keep up with life. You have no idea how many lives you touched and how many people you inspired. You keep on keepin’ on, girl!!!

Great work and good luck with the next 6 months. I think you will have great success with the combination of the t-dawg diet and HST. I use a similar combination of “poliquin style diet” and HST and find I can stay strong while getting leaner without too much difficulty. I’m going to try CB’s ABB hypertrophy program as soon as I’m finished my current cycle of HST.

Keep it up. So, what if you fell off the wagon a little. Now your back on it. Continue on w/ success. I agree Tampa-Terry also you kick started your diet w/ FF, but I think T-Dawg 2 diet will be the better choice. Good Luck.

In health,
Fitone