Betaine for Workouts

I saw an article on T-Nation that mentioned betaine as a workout supplement. but I cant find the article on here to actually open and read about. ive used betaine HCL for years in enzymes for digestion. but didn’t know it was used for performance in the weight room. can someone please direct me to the article that I cannot find.

betaine HCL or betaine anhydrous (TMG/trimethylglycine?). The latter is in Plazma.

well of that im not sure. it sounds like the betaine in plazma is probably what im wondering about. I didn’t know there was more than one type

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
betaine HCL or betaine anhydrous (TMG/trimethylglycine?). The latter is in Plazma.[/quote]

ANHYDROUS…

any ideas on what the exact purpose of it is?

research on web seems limited…

[quote]bobMartial wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
betaine HCL or betaine anhydrous (TMG/trimethylglycine?). The latter is in Plazma.[/quote]

ANHYDROUS…

research on web seems limited…[/quote]

improved pump and nutrient delivery.

Not a make or break supp tho.

[quote]bobMartial wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

ANHYDROUS…

research on web seems limited…[/quote]

Anhydrous and TMG are the same thing.

The purpose of this ingredient is as an ergogenic. It is suggested to help increase power output from muscles. It also has a water drawing effect in which it helps draw water into muscle cells. There are also cardiovascular benefits (which is mostly what the majority of people use TMG for).