Beta Alinine Works!

I used it for the first time the other day. I usually can only curl with the 25lb plate on each side of the olympic bar. after using this stuff i was moving 135- 45lb plate on each side. awesome! maybe placebo, but i’ll take it. people were staring at me the whole time and i was lovin it. NOBODY in there curls 135.

Beta alanine isn’t supposed to be THAT effective, right?

…placebo.

Nice work, though.

Beta alanine is not a placebo…We used it 20 years ago and it worked then

[quote]Mr. Shoulders wrote:
Beta alanine is not a placebo…We used it 20 years ago and it worked then[/quote]

Probably not, but I doubt it’s going to add 40lbs to your curl after using it for the first time.

Beta alanine is not a placebo…We used it 20 years ago and it worked then[/quote]

Explain please…how and where did you get it twenty years ago? I had no idea it was around. Another interesting thing is the fact that everyone here is pro-supplement and when you tell them something works they say “no it didn’t” what a bunch of flkaes.

Beta-alanine will help increase work capacity, but not pure strength. Basically, it will help you squeeze out a few extra reps, but not bring your squat up 50 pounds.

Yeah… I was talking about his particular instance, but I guess that wasn’t obvious enough.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Mr. Shoulders wrote:
Beta alanine is not a placebo…We used it 20 years ago and it worked then

Yeah… I was talking about his particular instance, but I guess that wasn’t obvious enough.[/quote]

You weren’t there. im gonna post vid as soon as i get a chance.

Joined today and already 43 posts of mostly useless nonsense. He smells like a troll to me.

[quote]B-Mac13 wrote:
Beta-alanine will help increase work capacity, but not pure strength. Basically, it will help you squeeze out a few extra reps, but not bring your squat up 50 pounds.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking.

[quote]jstreet0204 wrote:
Joined today and already 43 posts of mostly useless nonsense. He smells like a troll to me.[/quote]

Could be… although I haven’t seen all of the posts, I’m sure they’re just as insightful and informative as his on here.

Funny story, I took some arganine the other day and my deadlift went up 75 lbs that day.

Just had to get that one in there.

No trolling here. I’ve posted alot because I joined at work and there’s nothing for me to do here. i didn’t say that the beta alinine did it by itself. I admitted in my op that it may have been a placebo, so why the fuss.

I’m going to dig this thread up in two years time.

beta alanine has been proven to work…but what you experienced was a placebo effect. It’s not a super-steroid. I think this just goes to show the incredible power of mind-over-matter, with the right attitude, you can accomplish crazy shit.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
beta alanine has been proven to work…but what you experienced was a placebo effect. It’s not a super-steroid. I think this just goes to show the incredible power of mind-over-matter, with the right attitude, you can accomplish crazy shit.[/quote]

i agree. this is probably a part of most supplement success.