T Nation

Beta-Alanine

Bought Biotest for the first time in awhile due to financial issues. Am really happy to be back on the supps....but was ultra disappointed when they had discontinued the Beta-7 ;(

Anyone have suggestions to replace beta? I dont have real value for the Spike energy drinks as i like to load up and thats not a very viable way of doing it.

[quote]Nightcrew wrote:
Bought Biotest for the first time in awhile due to financial issues. Am really happy to be back on the supps…but was ultra disappointed when they had discontinued the Beta-7 ;(

Anyone have suggestions to replace beta? I dont have real value for the Spike energy drinks as i like to load up and thats not a very viable way of doing it.[/quote]

Spike pills.
Also Surge Workout Fuel has beta in it.

Personally I get a generic beta alanine powder in bulk and don’t notice much difference between brands, I find it a rock solid supp.

Badger…How much do you use? I read an article where they suggested a loading phase with crazy amounts.

[quote]newtonslaws wrote:
Badger…How much do you use? I read an article where they suggested a loading phase with crazy amounts.
[/quote]

I use 5g (which I add to preworkout drink) and once in a while will kick it up to 10g if going for a big PR/very long session.

Bear in mind I’m 6’2 and hovering around 235lbs so smaller guys can probably get away with less.

Never heard of a loading phase and generally I would say if you take enough for the tingles to kick in then that’s enough to get most of the benefits

[quote]Nightcrew wrote:
Am really happy to be back on the supps…but was ultra disappointed when they had discontinued the Beta-7 ;([/quote]

Was this announced anywhere or did you just notice the lack of product in the store? Does anyone know if it’s being replaced with something better?

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

[quote]Nightcrew wrote:
Bought Biotest for the first time in awhile due to financial issues. Am really happy to be back on the supps…but was ultra disappointed when they had discontinued the Beta-7 ;(

Anyone have suggestions to replace beta? I dont have real value for the Spike energy drinks as i like to load up and thats not a very viable way of doing it.[/quote]

Spike pills.
Also Surge Workout Fuel has beta in it.

Personally I get a generic beta alanine powder in bulk and don’t notice much difference between brands, I find it a rock solid supp.[/quote]
i never got tingles from SWOF

I was just about to ask this same question. Now that I’m playing a sport and have to run my fatass all over the field, I was hoping to pick some up.

Stuff was amazing when I ran XC back in high school!

I envy the people who can take this stuff without getting tired/brainfog. I can’t take it. 2.5g+ gives me ridiculous tingles + makes me want to take a nap. Micro-dosing ca. 1.25g does not produce tingles but still gives me brainfog.

Makes sense since BA is a mild GABA-A & GABA-C agonist.

Personally I get a generic beta alanine powder in bulk and don’t notice much difference between brands, I find it a rock solid supp.[/quote]

I’m with RBadger here.
5-10g pre-workout / 5g post workout.

Does this stuff go bad? I’ve got a kilo of it at home that’s been there for abotu 2 years.

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

I’m with RBadger here.
5-10g pre-workout / 5g post workout.
[/quote]
Just started researching this stuff. Do you find it very beneficial?

Yes beta alanine is very beneficial. Increases intensity/focus and enables you to train for longer periods. Definitely a solid sup and very cost effective.

I never tried it straight, but was a huge fan of the old Anaconda formula which was pretty well dosed with BA, especially when you’re sometimes using 3 scoops at a time. Never had the famed tingles, but definitely felt noticeably amped up.

S