Beta Alanine, WTF?

I’ve been using this for 2 and 1/2 months. I started taking a 1/2 dose 4 days ago and all the sudden I can’t even hold my arms up for a normal boxing workout. This is a withdrawal.

It’s not evidence of it working. I could get through a workout before I started taking it so how come it’s so difficult when my beta alanine levels drop slightly?

then take a whole dose

i took 1/2 a dose for a month, and noticed a slight decrease in the ability to keep upping the weight, no strength loss though

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
then take a whole dose

i took 1/2 a dose for a month, and noticed a slight decrease in the ability to keep upping the weight, no strength loss though[/quote]

Why should I take a whole dose of something that’s fooling my body into thinking I can’t have a normal workout without it?

Due to running out I have not taken it for a week or more and didn’t notice a drastic drop or decrease in my strength or endurance. I think in your case it’s something else.

D

[quote]–X-- wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
then take a whole dose

i took 1/2 a dose for a month, and noticed a slight decrease in the ability to keep upping the weight, no strength loss though

Why should I take a whole dose of something that’s fooling my body into thinking I can’t have a normal workout without it?[/quote]

I think it’s more a matter of your brain.

I doubt that beta alanine caused your decrease in performance in the first place. You were probably just fatigued.

Turns out that bad workout was the beginning of the worst allergy/sinus cold I’ve ever had in my life. Probably because of the beta alanine/histamine connection. Doesn’t effect everyone but for me the stuff sucks. I don’t think it was doing much anyway. I never felt like i was doing anything in the gym I couldn’t do without it.

I picked up a bottle of beta ala a month ago. At first I didn’t like using it because my fingers/toes tingled a lot. I have gotten used to it, but I don’t use it for every workout. It certainly gives me a little extra energy in the gym but I don’t know about enhanced strength. I think the best way to tell if it working (or if you have taken enough) is if you get the tingling sensations in your extremities. If you don’t notice anything, you probably haven’t taking enough or built up a nice fat tolerance to the stuff (in which case you should stop taking it anyways).

It is probably best taken on an inconsistent basis, that way these withdrawal-type effects people are reporting from heavy use can (hopefully) be avoided.

[quote]Rusty Barbell wrote:
I picked up a bottle of beta ala a month ago. At first I didn’t like using it because my fingers/toes tingled a lot. I have gotten used to it, but I don’t use it for every workout. It certainly gives me a little extra energy in the gym but I don’t know about enhanced strength. I think the best way to tell if it working (or if you have taken enough) is if you get the tingling sensations in your extremities. If you don’t notice anything, you probably haven’t taking enough or built up a nice fat tolerance to the stuff (in which case you should stop taking it anyways).

It is probably best taken on an inconsistent basis, that way these withdrawal-type effects people are reporting from heavy use can (hopefully) be avoided.[/quote]

I haven’t ever gotten the ‘tingle’ feel and believe it is very effective for me. Not everyone experiences that. From my understanding of it you don’t build up a tolerance. Rather by keeping muscle-carnosine levels high you have an edge on muscular endurance. More endurance to crank out a few more reps stimulates increased muscle adaption leading to more strength and or size. I have continually used it and much like with protein, BCAA’s, Creatine, Flameout, Superfood, Surge, REZ-V, see no reason to stop. These supps are like food to me as I continually use them and I feel they definitely keep my training going strong.

D

All I know is I’ve been on my death bed over here. I’m just starting to recover. I never even been that sensitive to allergies but man. I wouldn’t wish this little attack on my worst enemy.