Beta Alanine. Comments, How Often?

Is this a good supplement, any comments on it? How often do you take it and when? Also what do you stack it with?

Just bought a tub of this, going to stack with Creatine, & Whey

I have experimented with different dosages and found that 4 gram pre-workout works best for me. Make sure you plan to add sets/reps/exercises to your current routine to take full advantage of this.

[quote]Myosin wrote:
I have experimented with different dosages and found that 4 gram pre-workout works best for me. Make sure you plan to add sets/reps/exercises to your current routine to take full advantage of this.[/quote]

So you take 4 grams pre workout, only on training todays?

days **

I usually train 5-6 days a week so its 4 grams most of the time. I would not use it on off days unless you are training only 2-3 days a week. Then I probably would use 1-2 grams to keep levels high. Research has shown enhancements also affect cardiovascular training, so it would be useful even on cardio days.

The creatine will work in a similar fashion (increase short term muscle endurance) via a different energy pathway, so using the two together should give you a very nice bump in work capacity.

Either way, make sure you ‘push it’ to maximize the training effect.

I’ve read L-Histidine needs to be taken with beta alanine to maximise effectiveness. Opinions?

[quote]Myosin wrote:
I usually train 5-6 days a week so its 4 grams most of the time. I would not use it on off days unless you are training only 2-3 days a week. Then I probably would use 1-2 grams to keep levels high. Research has shown enhancements also affect cardiovascular training, so it would be useful even on cardio days.

The creatine will work in a similar fashion (increase short term muscle endurance) via a different energy pathway, so using the two together should give you a very nice bump in work capacity.

Either way, make sure you ‘push it’ to maximize the training effect.[/quote]

I workout 5 days a week too, so i will take 4 grams a day as well. Thanks bro

OP if you are not aware, shortly after taking BA expect a tingle or in some cases a “sharp stabbing” on your face and/or elsewhere. Reactions vary with the individual. This can last between 5-20 mins. Recommend starting with multiple smaller doses ( spread out through the day) as the “tingling” gets less as your body gets used to it.

^^ someone please correct if wrong as I haven’t tried any form of BA myself.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
OP if you are not aware, shortly after taking BA expect a tingle or in some cases a “sharp stabbing” on your face and/or elsewhere. Reactions vary with the individual. This can last between 5-20 mins. Recommend starting with multiple smaller doses ( spread out through the day) as the “tingling” gets less as your body gets used to it.

[/quote]

No your correct, ive tried supps with BA and had sharp tingling on my face and fingers before. Im going to take two grams pre workout and a gram in the morning and afternoon.

[quote]bnkNando wrote:

[quote]redgladiator wrote:

[/quote]

No your correct, ive tried supps with BA and had sharp tingling on my face and fingers before. Im going to take two grams pre workout and a gram in the morning and afternoon.[/quote]

I get the tingling feeling too, only in my face and ears… Also, when I shower immediately PWO sometimes my torso has sporadic bumps across it.

[quote]bnkNando wrote:
Is this a good supplement, any comments on it? How often do you take it and when? Also what do you stack it with?[/quote]

One of my favourite supplements, and one that is very underrated IMO.

It helps add a couple of reps in the higher ranges (8+), but it’s only effective if you’re training balls-out to complete failure. If you aren’t, it won’t do much for you.

The flushing phenomenon it carries is similar to taking too much Niacin - it subsides quickly