Beta-2 Agonists

Albuterol (salbutamol)

http://jap.physiology.org/content/89/2/430

Clenbuterol

^interesting stuff in this study… there is the possibility of conversion form type I fibers to type II fibers.

Ephedrine

Nicotine

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/77/6/1442.long

^i added some applicable links for those interested in the effects on body composition and work capacity from stuff like albuterol, clen, etc.

i’ve dabbled a bit with albuterol, and intend on doing a full fledged fat loss cycle with it to assess it’s effectiveness.

clen’s the mutt’s nuts

1 Like

[quote]Yogi wrote:
clen’s the mutt’s nuts[/quote]

LOL!

i’m gonna have to start using that expression…

here’s a very interesting study that shows that 100 mcg of cytomel increases beta-2 receptors in fat cells 60% in 10 days…

http://www.jci.org/articles/view/113961/pdf

talk about supercharging your fat burners…

below are a couple more general links on thyroid use:

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.82.3.3827

I’ve lately been noticing some surprising muscle growth despite working out less due to some ill health and other responsibilities, something that hadn’t happened previously when I was easing up in the gym. The only change is that I have been on an albuterol inhaler for shortness of breath due to bronchitis. Since it appears from some reading on pubmed that albuterol may be anabolic, as best I can tell it is the albuterol that is making me grow muscle.

[quote]seekonk wrote:
I’ve lately been noticing some surprising muscle growth despite working out less due to some ill health and other responsibilities, something that hadn’t happened previously when I was easing up in the gym. The only change is that I have been on an albuterol inhaler for shortness of breath due to bronchitis. Since it appears from some reading on pubmed that albuterol may be anabolic, as best I can tell it is the albuterol that is making me grow muscle. [/quote]

how much are you using it?

i think the dose from an inhaler is in mcg, and the dose that shows it’s anabolic is in mg, so you’d have to be using the inhaler a lot to see a noticeable effect.

I disagree that Ephedrine, and Nicotine are Beta-2 Agonists. There are VERY DIFFERENT then Albuterol and Clenbuterol. Clenbuterol is used to reduce fat and increase muscle mass in horses. Albuterol could do the same, but Ephedrine and Nicotine will not (you are much more likely to have jockeys test positive for Ephedrine then horses because it does not increase performance in horses).

[quote]StudStallion wrote:
I disagree that Ephedrine, and Nicotine are Beta-2 Agonists. There are VERY DIFFERENT then Albuterol and Clenbuterol. Clenbuterol is used to reduce fat and increase muscle mass in horses. Albuterol could do the same, but Ephedrine and Nicotine will not (you are much more likely to have jockeys test positive for Ephedrine then horses because it does not increase performance in horses).[/quote]

i tend to agree, in part. while albuterol and clen are actual beta-2 agonists, ephedrine and nicotine exert their fat loss and ergogenic effects on the adrenergic receptors (alpha and beta 1, 2 3), which is why i thought it was worthwhile to include them in this discussion.

however, based off their use and results, they are not “VERY DIFFERENT.” ephedrine and nicotine are clinically proven to impart fat loss and ergogenic effects at therapeutic doses… if you disagree, then you clearly did not read the data.

Curious as to whether or not Alubuterol is truly definable as anabolic and not just anti-catabolic. Might be worth running during PCT, might hang onto some more gains.

1 Like

[quote]Tchaikovsky wrote:
Curious as to whether or not Alubuterol is truly definable as anabolic and not just anti-catabolic. Might be worth running during PCT, might hang onto some more gains. [/quote]

i think either way it could be quite useful. it does increase strength and endurance and make you leaner, so it would keep one training hard and that would help maintain gains…

And here’s some info on ketotifen prevent beta receptor degradation:

Yohimbine

(although this isn’t a beta agonist, it’s actually an alpha antagonist, which allows one to lose fat from “stubborn fat” cells. it might not be the best to stack with clen, etc, but it could be used in alternating fashion… )

FWIW, I’ve been doing a lot of digging into clebuterol lately, and would like to mention a couple things.

there appear to be heart risks with high doses of clen, but i think that might be around 1,000 mcg per day. and there are studies where heart patients were given doses up to 700 mcg/day, and did not show heart damage.

^regardless, there dose appear to be some risk at higher doses, or long term dosing.

to mitigate that, one should supplement with taurine. clen increases the excretion of taurine, which is protective to cardiac tissue.

while some use 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off to prevent downregulation, i think that it might be easier just to stay on for a 6-8 week period and take ketotifen at night to prevent the downregulation.

another strategy to increase beta receptors would be to use T3/cytomel prior to the cycle.

below is an interesting link explaining some of the effects of beta receptors:

http://physrev.physiology.org/content/88/2/729