Bet With a Friend, Help Me Out

On the line a set of Captians Of Crush #1 & #2 grippers.
Heres the deal, he’s an ag (agriculture) major @ LSU an during a discussion the fact that a male sheep is name as a sheep an ewe are only to categorize female sheeps.

I say a male sheep is a sheep an thats that; does anyone know of what else a male sheep may be called. I think this may apply to the U.S. only so we are elimiting it to just the U.S. dialect.
I sort of feel bad for him being an ag major an not knowing this.
Also does the word lamb apply to all young sheep? or is it differential in the animals sex.

[quote]APE. wrote:
does anyone know of what else a male sheep may be called.[/quote]

Sure.

A male sheep in Arkansas can be called ‘Food’, whereas it is referred to as a ‘Hot Date’ in Louisiana.

[quote]APE. wrote:
On the line a set of Captians Of Crush #1 & #2 grippers.
Heres the deal, he’s an ag (agriculture) major @ LSU an during a discussion the fact that a male sheep is name as a sheep an ewe are only to categorize female sheeps.

I say a male sheep is a sheep an thats that; does anyone know of what else a male sheep may be called. I think this may apply to the U.S. only so we are elimiting it to just the U.S. dialect.
I sort of feel bad for him being an ag major an not knowing this.
Also does the word lamb apply to all young sheep? or is it differential in the animals sex.[/quote]

From what I know, “Ewe” describes a female sheep. “Ram” describes a male sheep, but only one who is fertile (not castrated). Yes, “lamb” is synonomous for both sexes in terms of infant sheep, just as “calf” is for infant cattle.

Ram - mature uncastrated male
Ram lamb - immature uncastrated male
Wether - castrated male

Just because he’s an AG major doesn’t mean he knows sheep.

He’s an Ag Major at LSU, his future is limited to rice and crawfish farms or gator farms. I doubt he even knows to tuck his jeans into his boots so as to keep the sheep from kicking during…ummm, nevermind.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
APE. wrote:
does anyone know of what else a male sheep may be called.

Sure.

A male sheep in Arkansas can be called ‘Food’, whereas it is referred to as a ‘Hot Date’ in Louisiana.

[/quote]

It is quite nice to just lean over an fall asleep atop the sheep.They arre so warm in the winter.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
Wether - castrated male

Just because he’s an AG major doesn’t mean he knows sheep.[/quote]

But apparently, Ewe do.

[quote]Kruiser wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
Wether - castrated male

Just because he’s an AG major doesn’t mean he knows sheep.

But apparently, Ewe do.

[/quote]

Yeah yeah. Aggie high school.