T Nation

Best Yogurt Ever

Thought I'd share a new discovery.....

Next time you're passing by Trader Joe's, try out their "greek style" nonfat plain yogurt. It's delicious, only has 7g of carbs per serving, and has a whopping 22g of protein per serving. I'm hooked.

how big is a serving size?

yeah greek yogurt is awesome, but i prefer the 2%. a lot creamier and not mega high in fat like the fullfat variety.

I believe the serving size is 1/2 cup, which is probably more than usual. Still, it’s a pretty solid source of protein and I can’t tell much difference between the nonfat and 2% versions…

I am a big fan of kroger brand Carb Master yogurt. 12 Grams of protein (Milk and whey, not soy) 1 gram fiber and 3 grams carbs. The only thing that makes it yogurt is that they add the enzymes to a gelatin protein mix. I down a couple a day.

PS it tastes freaking awesome!

look for sky.rs yogurt next time your in wild oats or whole foods It has 20 grams of protein around 150-200 cals

It tastes better than greek yogurt

I love this stuff too. It’s great in shakes. I prefer it over the kefir I’d been buying at Trader Joe’s.

I’m pretty sure the serving size is 1 cup though. My only complaint with it is that they need to sell it in a bigger container. The only size I’ve seen has only 2 or 2.5 servings per container.

Greek yogurt with chocolate Metabolic Drive is crazy delicious.

I’m just ticked my local groceries stores stopped carrying it (or I just bought all of it existence).

The serving size of TJ’s Greek yogurt is 1 cup. One cup = 22 g protein, 7 g carbs, 0 g fat.

Anyone know of any places in Canada that sell stuff like this? Or low-carb milk (like Carb Countdown I keep hearing so much about).

[quote]Diablo9845 wrote:
Anyone know of any places in Canada that sell stuff like this? Or low-carb milk (like Carb Countdown I keep hearing so much about).

[/quote]

The Hood Carb Countdown is now Hood Calorie Countdown

If you like Greek yogurt then you’ll LOVE Icelandic Skyr. I can only find it Whole Foods though and it’s too expensive to be a staple for me. I use Fage Greek style for all my smoothies, it’s da bomb.

[quote]SBT wrote:
[/quote]

You’ve discovered my secret! haha… I’ve been mixing whey with greek yogurt for awhile now, and I can confirm: it is DELICIOUS.

[quote]Annaerobic wrote:
SBT wrote:

You’ve discovered my secret! haha… I’ve been mixing whey with greek yogurt for awhile now, and I can confirm: it is DELICIOUS. [/quote]

you’re not so bad yourself ;).