Best Workout For Strength??

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good routine to gain strength and mass. I’m 190LBS, 6’2, and I have been working out for about 3+ years. I’ve done most of Chad Waterbury’s routines. Bill Stars 5x5. I’ve been through mostly everything a couple times. I’d like to try something new. Any suggestions??

Westside!

Sheiko!

From what I’ve heard, Westside for Skinny Bastards.

I’ve been doing a program from VT Tech’s football team. I like it, it’s a lot of lower body, but very specific to strength. Shoot me a PM with your e-mail, and I can send it to you if you’re interested.

Strength for what? I’m surprised nobody has asked, because the answer hinges on the application.

[quote]ultimatethor wrote:
Sheiko![/quote]

Okay - split the difference and do MadCow.

There is no “best” workout for strength. But there are a lot of good ones. I’m partial to westside and high frequency/low volume stuff.

Thanks fellas!!

[quote]LiftingIsLife wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good routine to gain strength and mass. I’m 190LBS, 6’2, and I have been working out for about 3+ years. I’ve done most of Chad Waterbury’s routines. Bill Stars 5x5. I’ve been through mostly everything a couple times. I’d like to try something new. Any suggestions??[/quote]

It rather concerns me that in just over 3 years you seem to have “been through mostly everything a couple times”. I stuck with Westside alone for over 3 years before I thought of changing it up and finding a different program. Are you really giving these programs time to work or are you just doing the flavor of the month? You need to look at what you’re trying to accomplish, pick a program, stick with it, and give it time to show results.

If you have been training for 3 years you should have an idea of what kind of training you respond best to. That may be westside style or a more classical pling split or ‘full body’-esque like bill starr.

There comes a point when you stop asking people how to train as you know enough to train yourself.

[quote]ultimatethor wrote:
LiftingIsLife wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good routine to gain strength and mass. I’m 190LBS, 6’2, and I have been working out for about 3+ years. I’ve done most of Chad Waterbury’s routines. Bill Stars 5x5. I’ve been through mostly everything a couple times. I’d like to try something new. Any suggestions??

It rather concerns me that in just over 3 years you seem to have “been through mostly everything a couple times”. I stuck with Westside alone for over 3 years before I thought of changing it up and finding a different program. Are you really giving these programs time to work or are you just doing the flavor of the month? You need to look at what you’re trying to accomplish, pick a program, stick with it, and give it time to show results.[/quote]

Amen!! You should spend some time thinking about this.