Best Window for Bulking

A positive note:

I asked CT if one can gain mass while remaining cut. He replied it can be done with proper carb rotation. He suggested rotating the carbs on your recovery days where you need more protein on those days. He stated depending on how your body reacts is how you should rotate your nutrition. Gains were reported slower but without the need to drop the fat after a regular bulking phase.

The Link:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=629846

OD

I’ve been doing a LOT of research and I’ve discovered that if I lift weights and stuff, neat things happen! What do you guys think?

[quote]apayne wrote:
I’ve been doing a LOT of research and I’ve discovered that if I lift weights and stuff, neat things happen! What do you guys think?[/quote]

Sounds promising; do you have any sources? How much stuff do I have to do to have neat things happen? If its hard I don’t think I want to. Can I still eat a McD’s 4 times a day?

If I start dieting on a full moon will it make me lose more fat than muscle?

[quote]Original_Demon wrote:
A positive note:

I asked CT if one can gain mass while remaining cut. He replied it can be done with proper carb rotation. He suggested rotating the carbs on your recovery days where you need more protein on those days. He stated depending on how your body reacts is how you should rotate your nutrition. Gains were reported slower but without the need to drop the fat after a regular bulking phase.

The Link:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=629846

OD[/quote]

What CT is referring to calorie rotation as carbohydrates (HC - LC - NC - LC - NC - HC) as the ballast, which is anectdotal at best. As far as anectdotal, Ultimate Diet 2 is the most backed program for fat loss without losing muscle. If you trying to infer that you can eat very low calories one day and the next high calorie, be aware it takes at least 12 hours before some of the storage and mobilization enzymes take effect.

[quote]Sammy Jankis wrote:
Original_Demon wrote:
A positive note:

If you trying to infer that you can eat very low calories one day and the next high calorie, be aware it takes at least 12 hours before some of the storage and mobilization enzymes take effect. [/quote]

Actually on days where your lifts are not as intense; arms, abs, aerobics, I would suggest cutting back on carbs and taking in a little more fat instead. On days off, cut the carbs back even more so as long as you have enough energy to lift (while progressing in weight) the next day. I’m not suggesting cutting the calories NIL-to-none. I’m simply stating on days you are not lifting, or not using major lifts, (Bench, Deads, Squats, etc…) just cut down on your carb intake for that day. If you have to bump up a couple of meals to meet your caloric intake, then so beit.

OD

Apayne,
Snoop,

Dieting on a Full Moon, while lifting heavy things, are more likely the results of lycanthropy. Cut back on the Alpha Male if your caloric intake mostly consists of virgins, wild animals, and Beggin Strips…

There should be plenty of sources on the net for any further questions you might have.

Good Luck,
OD

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Beyond that, your concept of bulking up seems skewed, along with the belief that fat is so unnecessary that keeping it at or below 10% of total daily intake is a good thing…despite studies that show that testosterone can actually decrease in diets below 20% fat intake.

I am all for discussion of the topics. I am all for learning. I wouldn’t have responded at all if you were my primary source of information so why come down on everyone who has challenged your original idea? [/quote]

It is not my intention to keep fat count below 10%. I was merely stating that for “post-workout” consumption only.

Morning -
40% Protein
40% Carb
20% Fat

Post-Workout -
60% Carb
30% Protein
10% Fat <---- (Lowest part of fat consumption)

Evening -
50% Protein
40% Fat
10% Carb

As far as the Guarana and CLA… there are search engines you can use to facilitate their claims. Thanks for the questions.

OD

As far as the Guarana and CLA… there are search engines you can use to facilitate their claims.
[/quote]

Yes, Krispy Kreme has just released a report that states that if 10 doughnuts are eaten at once…not 8, not 9, but TEN, the sugar to fat ratio induces a metabolically enhanced thermogenic response and you immediately drop 8.3lbs of pure body fat with no dieting. Don’t believe me? There are search engines you can use to facilitate their claims.

I’ve been waiting for this guy to self-destruct and this may be the thread that it happens. Just about every single thing you’ve wrote since you’ve started on this forum is a bunch of crap.

You’ve annoyed endless people. I don’t think you have one supporter on this site. As a matter of fact, I’d love to take a vote to see if everyone would like to see you banned from the site. I’m willing to bet there would be quite a few people who would vote in favor of this.

As far as the Guarana and CLA… there are search engines you can use to facilitate their claims. Thanks for the questions.

OD

[/quote]

That’s great. For sake of speed, which one did you read? The one where it specifically states that the combo will reduce fat cells. Please provide a link. Thanks.

[quote]randman wrote:
I’ve been waiting for this guy to self-destruct and this may be the thread that it happens. Just about every single thing you’ve wrote since you’ve started on this forum is a bunch of crap.

You’ve annoyed endless people. I don’t think you have one supporter on this site. As a matter of fact, I’d love to take a vote to see if everyone would like to see you banned from the site. I’m willing to bet there would be quite a few people who would vote in favor of this.[/quote]

Now that’s funny right thar… childish and mundane, but funny none-the-less…

[quote]randman wrote:

You’ve annoyed endless people. I don’t think you have one supporter on this site. As a matter of fact, I’d love to take a vote to see if everyone would like to see you banned from the site. I’m willing to bet there would be quite a few people who would vote in favor of this.[/quote]

I support this impromptu vote and would glady partake.

Every post of OD (Original_Douche) I try to avoid- but its like a car wreck. Something makes me read it.

But instead of seeing a bloody limb or something, and getting amazed, it usually just feels as if someone took a dump all over my cerebral cortex.

Maybe he and marklonniejr can go have some gay sex in the woods while ingesting 6000 calories and playing poker while popping dianabol and then taking the kids to school then popping some HOT-ROX and ravishing each other some more then building a giant gauss rifle and shooting themselves in the face with it then smokin some pot and then devising a terribly complicated routine to make dinner while taking some protein shakes and rag dolling some baby racoons.

[quote]greekdawg wrote:
Original_Demon wrote:

OD

That’s great. For sake of speed, which one did you read? The one where it specifically states that the combo will reduce fat cells. Please provide a link. Thanks.[/quote]

Try this link:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=cla+guarana&sp=1&toggle=1&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t&SpellState=n-1541324206_q-gZ4n91HqKnfbEn.LbAOq4QABAA%40%40

OD is like a skinny-fat guy. No, more like smart-stupid guy. He’s the one who raises his hand to every question the teacher asks, but always supplies the wrong answer.

Look, OD, there’s nothing wrong with posting ideas, theories, questions…hell, that’s what this site is all about. However, your ideas and theories aren’t sound. So, when others chime in to let you know this, you refute them as if you reign supreme and they couldn’t possibly be correct. Something is wrong with this scenario.

I say, go ahead with your theories. Give them a shot…and when you haven’t gone anywhere or achieved the results you want (because you won’t with that plan), come back, be quiet, and listen to others here who know what they’re doing.

greekdawg wrote:
Original_Demon wrote:

OD

That’s great. For sake of speed, which one did you read? The one where it specifically states that the combo will reduce fat cells. Please provide a link. Thanks.

Try this link:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=cla+guarana&sp=1&toggle=1&ei=UTF-8&fr=FP-tab-web-t&SpellState=n-1541324206_q-gZ4n91HqKnfbEn.LbAOq4QABAA%40%40
[/quote]

Ok. I just read EVERY link that came up under that search and not one stated that the combination reduces the number fat cells. Do you have another?

Act of mercy:

Morning -
40% Protein
40% Carb
20% Fat

Post-Workout -
60% Carb
30% Protein
10% Fat <---- (Lowest part of fat consumption)

Evening -
50% Protein
40% Fat
10% Carb

[nonsense from here on out]
[/quote]

Thought I’d point out that this part doesn’t NOT make sense. Maybe that will mitigate the Al Shades-like beating OD is taking.

1. troll:
    One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

why don’t we just ignore the troll?

Prof X,

In a fascinating study, scientists supplemented a group of mice with CLA or CLA plus guarana. After six weeks, both groups of mice showed a substantial reduction in fat mass. In the CLA-only group, the decreased fat mass was due to dramatic reduction in adipocyte (fat cell) size without a change in adipocyte number. In the CLA plus guarana group, both adipocyte size and number were reduced by 50%.3*

[quote]randman wrote:

I was, am still, extremely motivated in completing any and all goals I set.

So I’m annoying, maybe a little amped and excited, but you… Talking about the pot calling the kettle black!

In the unfortunate event I see that stupid, rediculous purple dinosaur, I know what readers will be endulged by your brilliance and watch as the mayhem unfolds. I quickly scroll down and disregard “any” nonsense that oozes from the caption at that particular point. Your replies are degratory and offensive to everyone and exceed, in expression, of that of a bastardly, brat that needs a good beating.

I’m so sick and tired of your “constant”, useless nonsense. It’s gone beyond rediculous. What is your goal in life exactly? To gain as many obsurd and annoying computer buddies as possible than trash a thread? Your goal is as pointless as it is moronic.

Look guys, this OD guy is stupid… He’s going to self-terminate… huhuhuh… Can I get a vote here… huhuhuh…

Do you see how childish you sound? You’re an adult, right? Act like one! Grow up and set good examples! And please, don’t “self-replicate” yourself… That would cause me to self-destruct…

OD

More Sources,

A study published in the International Journal of Obesity (August 2001) concludes that CLA reduces abdominal fat among men classified as abdominally obese. The study participants taking CLA lost an average of 1.4 cm in waist circumference after only four weeks.

Results of this study supports data published in the December 2000 issue of the peer-reviewed Journal of Nutrition. That study concluded that CLA reduced body fat and preserved muscle mass among the 60-person study group. Participants lost an average of six pounds while taking CLA.

In other weight loss studies, CLA consistently shows the ability to reduce body fat while maintaining lean muscle mass. In one study, published in Lipids (August 1997), mice fed the human equivalent of 3000 to 4000 mg a day of CLA achieved a 60% reduction in body fat and a 14% increase in lean body mass. Another study, published in the American Journal of Physiology that was conducted at Louisiana State University showed up to an 88% reduction in the body fat of male mice fed CLA-after only six weeks!

A particularly significant study entitled ?Dietary Conjugated Linoleic Acids Increase Lean Tissue and Decrease Fat Deposition in Growing Pigs? was published in the November 1999 issue of Journal of Nutrition. After just four weeks of CLA supplementation there was significantly less fat and more lean tissue in the groups receiving CLA. After eight weeks the pigs with the highest CLA supplementation showed a 31% loss of body fat and a 5% increase in lean tissue.

CLA is a unique supplement because it protects against serious diseases, while also being effective for one of the most serious conditions affecting Americans- obesity. As more Americans join the ranks of the overweight, millions start diets that are usually destined to fail. Why most fail? Because when fewer calories are consumed, there is a slowdown in the metabolic rate that restricts the amount of weight one can lose. In contrast, it looks as if CLA reduces body fat by increasing basal metabolic rates, which enable dieters to lose fat while maintaining lean muscle mass.