Best Way to Use REZ-V

I read the article on the site. I am vaguely familiar with the science/philosophy behind these type of products.

Just curious…

How does one implement this? Cycle it like one might with creatine?

In conjunction with Tribulus?

Any personal testimony’s?

No need to cycle. REZ-V is similar to Flameout in that it’s a good health supp you can and should use indefinitely. It helps to keep Testosterone from converting to estrogen with other strong anti-aging and health benefits according to strong research. There is no need to cycle off. It will only enhance a natural test booster like Alpha Male or TRIBEX by again, helping to keep any elevated Testosterone from being converted to estrodial.

D

Would you be able to hook me up with said research?

Thanks D.

I have been using REZ-V for about 6 months now. I am a believer in the product.
However, I just noticed at the T-Nation Store that the new bottle of REZ-V has fewer tablets yet it is the same price.

What’s Up With That ? ? ?

60 tablets now rather than 72 in the bottle I have here in front of me from last months order.

It’s getting harder and harder to afford all these “High Quality” supps.

TKC

[quote]tkclary wrote:
I have been using REZ-V for about 6 months now. I am a believer in the product.
However, I just noticed at the T-Nation Store that the new bottle of REZ-V has fewer tablets yet it is the same price.

What’s Up With That ? ? ?

60 tablets now rather than 72 in the bottle I have here in front of me from last months order.

It’s getting harder and harder to afford all these “High Quality” supps.

TKC[/quote]

Yeah, I noticed it’s a 60 count bottle now, too. But, I think it’s twice as concentrated, though. If you check out the label, three tablets now yields 600mg, instead of 300mg.

It is indeed more potent. Which kicks ass…but…

…why no announcement about this?

I don’t know, NewDamage. I was amazed, too, that they reformulated - twice as concentrated, wow - and did not announce it.

I am a believe, too, in REZ-V. I think you can take one pill a day and get many of the health benefits, based on research I read on recommended doses (1.82 mg/kg). And with the new formula, one bottle will last you two months. Not bad at all.

I just wish that A) they would have reprinted the label for the last formulation, as it still says 2 pills for 100 mg and I always doubt when I take those old pills; B) I would have been notified of the product update prior to placing my order for REZ-V…as I got the old bottle with the misprinted label.

Oh well, next time.

Is it 100% pure resveratrol, though, in each pill?

Every other resveratrol supp lists ( x % standardized resveratrol extract) which means of the xxx mg per dose, only that x % is actual resveratrol. If Biotest’s is truly pure - I don’t doubt it - that’s really incredible.

I often see Japanese knotwood cited as the resveratrol source. Anyone know what Biotest uses as a source?

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Is it 100% pure resveratrol, though, in each pill?
[/quote]

REZ-V does contain pure Resveratrol.

I would also be curious of this…

Thanks for the input so far everyone.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:

REZ-V does contain pure Resveratrol.[/quote]\

OK. The previous “research” suggested 300 mg as the optimal dose to halt the conversion of Testosterone into estrogen, are we now to assume that Biotest suggests we double that dose to be affective ? ? ? 600 mg!
OR should we stick with 300 mg and only take half the new recommended dose ? ? ?

A little more input from the mod here and a bit of clarification please.

I too am very surprised that there was no official announcement about the formula change, bottle change, etc…

TKC

Read this:

That’s why I say one pill - 200 mg - per day should be plenty, and will make the bottle last about two months.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Read this:

That’s why I say one pill - 200 mg - per day should be plenty, and will make the bottle last about two months.[/quote]

This is awesome, thanks for posting this.

More details on the BSA conversion factor for converting animal to human doses in clincial trails:

http://www.fda.gov/cber/gdlns/dose.htm

It is important to note, though, that different species can have different stages of metabolism for a given compound, but a large part of the equation (no pun) is the BSA conversion factor.

[quote]tkclary wrote:
Mod Brian wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:

REZ-V does contain pure Resveratrol.\

OK. The previous “research” suggested 300 mg as the optimal dose to halt the conversion of Testosterone into estrogen, are we now to assume that Biotest suggests we double that dose to be affective ? ? ? 600 mg!
OR should we stick with 300 mg and only take half the new recommended dose ? ? ?

A little more input from the mod here and a bit of clarification please.

I too am very surprised that there was no official announcement about the formula change, bottle change, etc…

TKC

[/quote]

I re-read the write up. It still says the “overwhelming” dose is 200mg but like you say the optimum dose hase jumped from 300 to 600. So they still think 200mg is all you need to get past metabolizing and excreting it. No doubt at this dose it will have most of the health benefits associated with it.

However, the main draw for this supp would be as an aromatase inhibitor (I would guess). Maybe they feel, or have discovered, 300mg isn’t effective to this end. If I’m correct, the original was 100mg per cap. it is now 200mg. They lowered the per bottle cap amount, as stated earlier, from 72 to 60. This means only 4 less servings yet a bottle contains 12,000mg vs 7200mg. If I’m not mistaken, this is and INCREASE of about 60% for the same price.

It would be nice though, as ou say, to get an official clarification.

cueball

I currently believe in this supplement. I am however open to continued research though and always reserve judgment. It is so hyped I worry a little but continued research seems to be positive so far in general health, lowering estrogen, and life extension.

There is no consensus as to the dose needed to derive benefits. I have seen very intelligent discussions that state as low as 150mg to as high as 5 grams daily. Most common dose mentioned is a minimum of 500mg and ideally about 2 grams a day. Most stay near the minimum dose because of cost only. This is not a cheap supplement at higher doses.

One common concern is bioavailability. Ways to increase this are taking a large does as resveratrol inhibits its own metabolism at higher doses. What is a large dose? I would say a gram or more at a time. Another way that in theory may also work in increasing bioavailability is taking resveratrol with piperine and quercetin. Patrick Arnold sells resveratrol with piperine and quercetin, but does he take it this way? No. He takes 2-3 grams of pure resveratrol once a day.

Again the most common dose I see mentioned which is affective for life extension, estrogen, and a general health benefit is at least 500mg a day. Biotest is right on the money with 600mg. 300mg was a little low based on current research, but the cost also used to be much higher on this supplement just a couple of years ago.

Of course a lot more will be known in a few years, but that does not help us now. If all that you can afford is 200mg I would not worry too much. I agree that iminist.org has intelligent conversations on this supplement. They are concerned with life extension, and they talk about resveratrol like T-Nation talks about protein.

Should REZ-V be taken with a meal or by itself? Niether the label or article say.

[quote]Tobias wrote:
Should REZ-V be taken with a meal or by itself? Niether the label or article say.[/quote]

I do not know how much it matters. I just try to remember to take it.

When in doubt it is usually better to take supplements on an empty stomach.

I think a meal in theory could help if it had a lot of fat but it would usually be best to take on an empty stomach.

It is lipophilic so those who sweat the details take it with olive oil and some also take with some red wine. Taking it with your fish oil may help also, but on this site Rousell has said to take fish oil after a meal.

If you want to sweat the details even more read this.

http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_template.asp?ID=1098

Does anyone here take more than 300mg a day? Side effects?

[quote]icecold wrote:
Tobias wrote:
Should REZ-V be taken with a meal or by itself? Niether the label or article say.

I do not know how much it matters. I just try to remember to take it.

When in doubt it is usually better to take supplements on an empty stomach.

I think a meal in theory could help if it had a lot of fat but it would usually be best to take on an empty stomach.

It is lipophilic so those who sweat the details take it with olive oil and some also take with some red wine. Taking it with your fish oil may help also, but on this site Rousell has said to take fish oil after a meal.

If you want to sweat the details even more read this.

http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_template.asp?ID=1098

[/quote]

Thanks, the article you linked to was informative.