Best Way to Use Creatine?

Hey guys, I am currently following 5/3/1 3 day a week template and training brazilian jiu jitsu 6 days a week. I’ve been training for about 3 years. I just started wondering about creatine.

How should I take it? Should it only be taken on weight training days? How much should I take? What should I take it with?

Important question: Why do you want to try creatine? It’s good for adding size and strength but some people only reap the benefits as long as they keep taking it. If you’re happy with your weight and don’t need sudden increases in strength, I don’t see the point.

That being said: 5-10g every single day. It doesn’t matter when to be honest; I usually wash it down with some water just before breakfast.

I was under the impression that creatine also helped accelerate muscle recovery. I’m guessing that’s the main benefit he’s considering.

[quote]LoRez wrote:
I was under the impression that creatine also helped accelerate muscle recovery. I’m guessing that’s the main benefit he’s considering.[/quote]

Maybe by bring more water into your muscles? The main purpose is to increase energy in your ATP system which is essential high intensity, short duration work i.e. weight training.