Best Way to Target Lower Traps?

I feel like my lower traps are lagging in the middle of my back between my shoulder blades. My traps around my neck are very developed but my lower traps are lagging. What is the best way to isolate this area?

This might help:
http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=lower+traps&siteurl=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fsports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding%2Fbest_way_to_target_lower_traps&ref=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fsports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding%3FpageNo%3D1%26s%3DforumsNavTop

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
This might help:
[/quote]

Damn it, is there nothing you can’t do?

I like Chest-Supported Front Raises on an Incline Bench.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
This might help:
[/quote]

Damn it, is there nothing you can’t do?[/quote]

SHHHHHH!!! If anyone discovers the power of Google, we could have a crisis on our hands on a global scale!!!

Oh, I really suck at basketball.

200-300 Scapular Wall Slides erry day

(I have scoliosis/constant upper back and neck pain) This is one of the main “PT” type moves I use now that actually is making a difference

Aside from various rows, I like snatch grip deadlift. First time I did them my lower traps were lit up the next day.

Two months of shrugs on the HS Supported Row Machine BEFORE doing the rows themselves seemed to work on filling in that area for me.

I did 4 descending sets to failure each session adding weight each week.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
This might help:
http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=lower+traps&siteurl=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fsports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding%2Fbest_way_to_target_lower_traps&ref=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fsports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding%3FpageNo%3D1%26s%3DforumsNavTop[/quote]

I read the first couple of articles on the search and wasnt that impressed. I just wanted to see what the guys on here have done specifically that worked for them. i think that is just one of the areas that i dont have a good mind/muscle connection. I have a fairly developed back but that area seems to be falling behind. I will try to add in the chest supported incline shrug.

[quote]BSC819 wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
This might help:
http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=lower+traps&siteurl=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fsports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding%2Fbest_way_to_target_lower_traps&ref=tnation.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_forum%2Fsports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding%3FpageNo%3D1%26s%3DforumsNavTop[/quote]

I read the first couple of articles on the search and wasnt that impressed. I just wanted to see what the guys on here have done specifically that worked for them. i think that is just one of the areas that i dont have a good mind/muscle connection. I have a fairly developed back but that area seems to be falling behind. I will try to add in the chest supported incline shrug.[/quote]

That sounds like an awesome idea!

[quote]timmcbride00 wrote:
Aside from various rows, I like snatch grip deadlift. First time I did them my lower traps were lit up the next day.[/quote]

Tim- I do these (well, snatch grip shrugs) on my ‘second’ trap day, which is usually at the end of ‘back day’. I tend to go with higher reps. I really feel these in my lats as well

I’ve found that externally rotating my shoulders at the top of barbell pressing movements really frys my lower traps. Really hammers that upward rotation of the scapula IME.

Also: ring rows, starting pronated but ending supinated.

And pec minor dips.

[quote]timmcbride00 wrote:
Aside from various rows, I like snatch grip deadlift. First time I did them my lower traps were lit up the next day.[/quote]
also I agree with this. If you do snatch grip deadlifts, Olympic lifting style, with your t-spine extended and chest puffed out (and maintaining that, i.e. don’t go TOO heavy so that your chest collapses), your lower traps will be fried. Your lower traps are an extensor of the t-spine, after all.

Prone incline shrugs