Best Way To Prepare Eggs?

As of recently I’m trying to shape up my diet. So I just bought a carton of eggs, but I’m wondering what the best way to prepare them would be in terms of nutrition?

Thanks,

Vincent

Boil them, or make a 12 egg omlete.

[quote]rsg wrote:
Boil them, or make a 12 egg omlete.[/quote]

Yeah, that should be enough for 1-2 days.

What is the OP going to eat on Monday…?

LOLOLOL…

(wipe tears from eyes)

Dude, your solution to cleaning up your diet is to buy a carton of eggs?

1. give up, throw away eggs
  2. go to store, buy twinkys, come home, rip open package, stuff in mouth.
  3. repeat step 2.

I bought 30 dozen yesterday. 90% of em will be boiled.

[quote]mithious wrote:
LOLOLOL…

(wipe tears from eyes)

Dude, your solution to cleaning up your diet is to buy a carton of eggs?

1. give up, throw away eggs
  2. go to store, buy twinkys, come home, rip open package, stuff in mouth.
  3. repeat step 2.[/quote]

Why?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
I bought 30 dozen yesterday. 90% of em will be boiled.[/quote]

Jesus H. - you must get some funny looks buying that many eggs…

[quote]rsg wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

Jesus H. - you must get some funny looks buying that many eggs…[/quote]

Add 15 or 20 pounds of beef, 10 or 15 pounds of chicken thighs and a few pounds of full fat cheese and the looks get even worse.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Add 15 or 20 pounds of beef, 10 or 15 pounds of chicken thighs and a few pounds of full fat cheese and the looks get even worse.[/quote]

The social weight of the Anabolic Diet, huh? :slight_smile:

[quote]Miserere wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Add 15 or 20 pounds of beef, 10 or 15 pounds of chicken thighs and a few pounds of full fat cheese and the looks get even worse.

The social weight of the Anabolic Diet, huh? :-)[/quote]

Yeah, sales save lots o money, but the cashiers look like they should be calling the suicide hotline for you or something.

[quote]Blemming wrote:
As of recently I’m trying to shape up my diet. So I just bought a carton of eggs, but I’m wondering what the best way to prepare them would be in terms of nutrition?

Thanks,

Vincent[/quote]

It is generally best to wait until they have exited the chicken.

fried in bacon grease.

Bulking eat the whole egg.

Cutting toss the yolks.

The whites are always good.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
Bulking eat the whole egg.

Cutting toss the yolks.

The whites are always good.[/quote]

I don’t think you have to toss the yolks when you’re cutting. Cut down on overall calories, sure, but cutting out good fats is not necessary.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
rsg wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:

Jesus H. - you must get some funny looks buying that many eggs…

Add 15 or 20 pounds of beef, 10 or 15 pounds of chicken thighs and a few pounds of full fat cheese and the looks get even worse.[/quote]
How long does all that last you?

[quote]Blemming wrote:
[/quote]

If they are organic eggs dont cook them too much…a little runny. Of course, if they are organic, you can even eat them raw. Dont do that though for commerical eggs. You run the risk of getting salmonella. If they are commercial eggs, cook the hell out of them :slight_smile:

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Blemming wrote:

If they are organic eggs dont cook them too much…a little runny. Of course, if they are organic, you can even eat them raw. Dont do that though for commerical eggs. You run the risk of getting salmonella. If they are commercial eggs, cook the hell out of them :slight_smile:

[/quote]

You can get salmonella from organic eggs too…There are tons of threads on eggs.

If I only had one carton to work with. I guess I would make an omelet or a small batch of scrambled.

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Of course, if they are organic, you can even eat them raw.

[/quote]

Organic eggs are free of salmonella? It’s my understanding that a 1998 USDA study found one egg per 20,000 is contaminated with salmonella (.005%). What’s the risk for organic eggs?

[quote]entheogens wrote:
Blemming wrote:

[/quote]

I’d try to steer clear of raw egg in general as not only is there the chance of salmonella, ingestion of raw egg white inhibits biotin absorbtion .