Best Way To Get Exommunicated?

Have a picture of Jesus tatooed onto your foreskin…

…and display it on the altar.

Just walk away. Who cares if the CC acknowledges it? What are they going to do, send black-clad assassins after you, or behead you for apostasy after a sham trial?

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:

This reminds me of the “Jaws of Satan” thread. Now where did that go … hmmm…
[/quote]

Yeah, that was a fun one.

[quote]MsM wrote:
nowakc wrote:
I believe blasphemy is the only unforgivable sin…all you really have to do is state that you deny the holy spirit. Not sure if that will get you excommunicated though, i’m not exactly sure they do actual excommunications anymore for any random person.

Surely you are not suggesting that he do this? [/quote]

As an atheist I believe saying “I deny the holy spirit” has about as much actual consequence as saying “abra-cadabra”, so I don’t care.

I’m with everyone else who is confused as to why you care so much about what your church thinks in the first place…if they’re harassing you or something, then sure, but it’s really not up to them whether or not YOU consider yourself a member, which is what matters, right?

I walked away like 10 years ago, I just don’t want to be associated in any way with Catholicism anymore. Plus they send me annoying shit in the mail.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
I walked away like 10 years ago, I just don’t want to be associated in any way with Catholicism anymore. Plus they send me annoying shit in the mail. [/quote]

OK, but then you aren’t associated with it any more. You walked away and it’s done.

Now, in terms of stuff in the mail, I honestly do not know if the Church updates its mailing lists based on excommunication. ; )

I walked away like 10 years ago, I just don’t want to be associated in any way with Catholicism anymore. Plus they send me annoying shit in the mail. [/quote]

I get that shit too.

I don’t know about you, but in my case, they almost always include a postage-paid reply envelope. They don’t want your check (what they’re usually expecting, if the accompanying drivel is to be believed) to be delayed because you can’t find a stamp.

Just put assorted stuff in it. The day’s other junk mail; lids from sardine cans; wet towelettes and ketchup packs from restaurants; etc. The heavier the better, as there’s a limit to what that prepaid postage will cover in weight. You can then transfer funds from the Church to the Postal Service. Not ideal, but I’ve yet to see a postal worker pedophilia scandal.

If you stuff the envelope with so much stuff that it doesn’t close properly - being generous is, after all, encouraged by the Church - just wrap copious amounts of clear tape around it. As long as the address is visible, it’s supposed to make it to destination. I’ve read that you could tape it to a brick and that both would get delivered. I haven’t tried that one yet.

Ask to be removed from their mailing list. Other than the mail they send you, it doesn’t seem that you are associated with them in anyway.

Become a Free Mason and you will be excommunicated forthwith.

Say that the earth is NOT the center of the universe and that the earth actually revolves around the sun and that the earth is not flat, that is actually round.

It worked before, why wouldn’t it work again???

TNT

[quote]TNT-CDN wrote:
Say that the earth is NOT the center of the universe and that the earth actually revolves around the sun and that the earth is not flat, that is actually round.

It worked before, why wouldn’t it work again???

TNT[/quote]

He wants to be excommunicated, not burned at the stake.

I’m amongst the confused. You decided you didn’t want anything to do with the Church long ago, but you didn’t want off their mailing list until after some priest you don’t know molested some kid you don’t know? Were you afraid that the “Pedo Catholic Priest germs” were going to get you somehow through the mail? Do you think that the God you (presumably) don’t really believe in is sitting up there going “Ha! Too late for you to back out now, you signed THE CONTRACT!!!” Anyway, judging Catholics by the bad ones makes as much sense to me as judging Muslims by the bad ones of those.

[quote]nowakc wrote:
I believe blasphemy is the only unforgivable sin…all you really have to do is state that you deny the holy spirit. Not sure if that will get you excommunicated though, i’m not exactly sure they do actual excommunications anymore for any random person.

http://www.blasphemychallenge.com/

[/quote]

^

The church doesnt get anything from you being a member on record… so why bother… unless you believe the archbishop has the authority to refuse you…

excommunication is more like saying you cant be part of the church… you wont be forgiven ect…

A buddy of mine whipped out a can of Cheez Whiz and whizzed his communion wafer. That did it.

He was about ten at the time.

[quote]sdspeedracer wrote:
A buddy of mine whipped out a can of Cheez Whiz and whizzed his communion wafer. That did it.

He was about ten at the time.[/quote]

That deserves a High 5!

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2008/07/its_a_goddamned_cracker.php

Desecrate the cracker in a public manner and you’re free.

Your relationship with your creator is no one else’s business. Why do you turn to a human to grant you permission to change your belief system with regard to religion? I also grew up in the Catholic church, having gone to Catholic school. I had nuns as teachers, who would paddle your ass in class if you did something wrong. When I say paddle, I am talking about some old lady winding up like Marc McGuire and going postal on you with a paddle.

Handle your own business, you do not answer to anyone but your maker.

Rape a small boy… oh wait, that’s not frowned upon!

I say this, administer an actual abortion during mass. That will certainly get you some attention. Had the left over’s to the congregation as a “token of your friendship.”

Walk out singing… Jesus loves you, yes he does…

You’ll also make the papers.

Im Catholic too, one way is to go into a baptitst church and get saved