Best Way to Download

1st off, thanks to everyone who helped me out with BitTorrent and the various media players, codecs, etc - you know who you are.

Something has been bothering me about BitTorrent (actually I use uTorrent), and basically its the speed and lack of material that I’m looking for.

I remembered somebody had mentioned something about megaupload being better and to google it, so I did. Sure enough, I immediately found some links and the downloads were fast. Great!

And then I discovered the holy grail, which is a website where people directly post links to what they’ve uploaded to megaupload, rapidshare, etc.
Fantastic!

In fact, this had been mentioned on my bittorrent thread by rsg. BUT, when I first started searching for these sites, I found 99% of them are run by self-inflated pricks who don’t give out invites (and snicker “Find an invite and we’ll let you in”) or who tell you to register next week and then still don’t give you an account.

It was only through looking for megaupload links weeks later that I actually found a good site.

So I’ve gone from Limewire to uTorrent to websites that link to megaupload et al. I find more material and download it faster than ever before. Nice…

The next frontier supposedly is Usenet, as mentioned by some.
Good looking figuring that out.
Every FAQ is more confusing than the last, so for now I’ll leave it to the hardcore warrior nerds ( at least until megaupload and the rest disappear …)

I said it before and I’ll say it again, Usenet is simply the best in my opinion. But you’re going to have to pay for it, i.e. $15 a month for unlimited downloads.

Here’s two weeks worth of downloads…

It’s really not that hard of a learning curve and in actuality is very similar to torrents. Go to newzbin.com and sign up (you have to pay like $2 a month for 4 weeks, IT’S WORTH IT) to download “nzb” files, which are similar to torrents.

You double click them and it opens your specified newsreader, in this case mine is newsleecher (which I recommend). And sit back and watch the downloads fly (at top speed I’ve downloaded DVD5s in 2-3hrs). The only negative is that you have to pay for it, which in a way is contradictory to what p2p is supposed to be about.

If you are looking for a server I recommend forteinc.com or usenetserver.com both have free trials if you want to try usenet risk free. Feel free to PM me if you want more information or need some help.

I don’t think you’ll make a bad choice with usenet though, pre-releases of movies and games are released on Usenet first and more often then not you can find movies, games, etc. that you never thought you’d find.

Oh but you don’t really have to pay for using usenet haha-haha-hahaa wheeeee! “Accountmakers” muahahahahaa.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:

I remembered somebody had mentioned something about megaupload being better and to google it, so I did. Sure enough, I immediately found some links and the downloads were fast. Great!
[/quote]

your welcome!

I still use the google method, it even works for ebooks.