T Nation

Best Way to Come Off After Being on For a Year

Hey guys,

First post HERE, although ive been reading this site for a bit.
i just wanna get some opinions on the best way to come off after being on for a year
(just test mostly).

What do you guys think the best way to come off is?
(I HAVE NO ACCESS TO HCG, WHICH IS FINE… ive come off after long periods without it before)

Stasis Taper
Standard PCT
OTHER

please explain your answer? :slight_smile:

keep in mind, im not a newbie. i do know what i am doing. im just looking for other opinions. im not new to this game at all.

Stasis/Taper
plus a SERM (e.g. tamoxifen 20mg ED for the duration, tapering finally after the test taper)
plus GH

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
Stasis/Taper
plus a SERM (e.g. tamoxifen 20mg ED for the duration, tapering finally after the test taper)
plus GH[/quote]

thats the method i used last time, and it seemed to work very well. I was on for about 8 months, took 3 weeks off, and did my taper with nolva. worked VERY well.

Anyone else have opinions?

I did what Dave suggested, I was on approximately 12 months, I used the HGH towards the end of the cycle (not that much, 8IU EOD I think for 12 weeks) then tapered off and used Nolvadex, worked well, its what I would do again in the same situation, just with HGH during the stasis period and 6 weeks after with the serm if I could afford it.

GH wouldn’t actually help your HPTA recover, but rather just help keep gains, correct?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
GH wouldn’t actually help your HPTA recover, but rather just help keep gains, correct?[/quote]

AFAIK, correct. Although, I think some members have commented that IGF-1 has helped the actual recovery process itself.

[quote]CubanMeat32 wrote:

[quote]Instinct. wrote:

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
Stasis/Taper
plus GH[/quote]

thats the method i used last time, and it seemed to work very well. I was on for about 8 months, took 3 weeks off, and did my taper with nolva. worked VERY well.

Anyone else have opinions? [/quote]

Instinct,

I have a similar post right now as well, I am coming off a 20 week Test E only cycle at 400mg/week, which is about half of the length of your cycle. When you came off after a year and DID NOT use the taper and just went right for the serm PCT- how long were you on SERM PCT, what was your dosing protocol, Nolva or Clomid, how long did it take you to bounce back/testes come back to size? Did you retain gains ok?
[/quote]

FYI, i DID use the stasis/taper method in that previous cycle. But i have done cycles of quite a long period of time, 24 weeks, and just used nolva and a taper to come off…

the cycle went like this:

w 1-24 - Test C @ 800 mg/w
w 4-10 - dianabol @ 25 mg/d
w 1-24 - arimidex @ 0.25 mg/d
w 24-30 - adex @ 1 mg/d
w 27 - 32 test c 60/40/20/20/20 mg/w
w 27-32- nolvadex @ 20mg/d
w 33-36 nolva @ 10mg/d

hope that makes sense to people other than myself LOL.

I felt about 70-80% recovered after that pct/taper, and got blood work done about 6 weeks after pct, and blood work didnt look bad.

kept around 80 or so % of my gains. i was happy.

I have had even better results with the stasis taper… kept upwards to 90% or so of my gains on my last cycle.

EDIT: I have also done cycles with JUST nolva as pct… very similar dosing to above, just without the test for the taper. results were also not too bad…