Best Use of Metabolic Drive & Surge

I got Metabolic Drive Complete a few days ago, but I have some questions.

1. Is it a good idea to break up a serving of Metabolic Drive Complete throughout the day (like 1 scoop in morning, 1 after school) or would it be better to just take it all at once? I would really prefer to use only 2 scoops a day for financial reasons, but would it be better to use the 2 scoops at the same time or spread them out?

2. I could stop buying Flameout and spend that money on Metabolic Drive Complete and use a full serving a day because at 16 y/o im not sure its 100% necessary for me to be taking Flameout. What do you guys think? I’m trying to get as strong as possible as fast as possible.

3. For Surge, the container says to take 3 scoops after workout, but I know a lot of you do things differently. Is it more effective to take 1 scoop pre-workout, 1 scoop during workout, and the last scoop post-workout (all with about 8 oz water)? Or is it better to start sipping on it midway through the workout and drink most of it PWO? As for the meal PWO, is it really better to wait an hour or so or should I eat ASAP after drinking Surge?

EDIT: i mix my Metabolic Drive Complete with milk. That doesn’t change the effectiveness of it, right?

You don’t have to take Metabolic Drive Complete with any sort of consistency. Personally, I’d take it when you feel you need more protein - e.g. with some nuts as a snack, or in addition to a meal low in protein.

DON’T stop buying Flameout. If anything, get more Flameout/fish oil and stop buying Metabolic Drive Complete. Eggs are perfectly good as a protein source, and portable.

No, take all 2/3 scoops (since when is it 3 scoops, btw?) post workout. If you haven’t had anything to eat in a while, have a scoop 15-20 minutes before workout, assuming you’re not using workout fuel. Personally, if all I had was Whey and Surge Recovery, here’s how I’d roll:

15-20 minutes before workout: 1 scoop Surge Recovery, 1 scoop whey
post-workout: 2 scoops whey, 2 scoops whey

[quote]G87 wrote:
No, take all 2/3 scoops (since when is it 3 scoops, btw?) post workout.
[/quote]

It says on the container to use 3 scoops if over 200 lbs. I’m 221 lbs right now, though im carrying around a decent amount of fat, so if I were at like 10% bf I would definitly be under 200. I think I’ll take 1 scoop Pre-workout and 2 PWO, just because I usually don’t have time to eat anything before I workout (last meal is at 12 pm, workout at 4 pm because im in high school and can’t eat in between those times really). I used to use Grow! Whey but now I switched to Metabolic Drive Complete, so I can’t use Grow! Whey Pre-Workout.

Thanks for the answers. If anyone else wants to comment or agree with his answers thats always appreciated.

If you’re trying to lose weight, I’d recommend using one serving of Surge throughout your entire workout (2 scoops total). You can probably get away with one scoop during and two after but you better earn it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Berardi writes specifically that the Surge needs to be mixed with 8oz of water per SCOOP, otherwise you’re just wasting an already expensive powder. Don’t screw it up.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/postworkout_resurgence