Best Type of Creatine?

I have been currently using Higher Power Micronized Creatine for about 6 months and have been making steady gains. What types of creatine do you use? Do you prefer ethyl ester over monohydrate? any opinion on the matter would be great.

If you have been seeing steady gains why change?

The link to the Biotest store is about 6 inches above this post.

[quote]GusBus07 wrote:
If you have been seeing steady gains why change?[/quote]

Although I’ve been making gains I think I could be doing better and plus I would like to try out some other product just to get off what I’m using now.

I’ve tried a handful of different “Creatines” and in my experience, the supposed benefits from the fancy derivatives of mono-hydrate tend to be negligible, if any better at all. I’d just stick to Mono-hydrate, way cheaper, more bang for you buck for sure.\

I use to indulge heavily in supplements, I had the cash why not, and the problem became that I would blame or commend the supplement for my gains and not concentrate on my workout programming or food intake as intensely.

I think it’s a big mistake to assume that gains have been primarily the result of a supplement. Your workout scheme, consistency and diet are 99 percent of the equation in my experience. I’ve since dropped all supplements minus fish oil, zinc, magnesium, whey and dextrose.

[quote]SurferSnr wrote:
I’ve tried a handful of different “Creatines” and in my experience, the supposed benefits from the fancy derivatives of mono-hydrate tend to be negligible, if any better at all. I’d just stick to Mono-hydrate, way cheaper, more bang for you buck for sure.\

I use to indulge heavily in supplements, I had the cash why not, and the problem became that I would blame or commend the supplement for my gains and not concentrate on my workout programming or food intake as intensely.

I think it’s a big mistake to assume that gains have been primarily the result of a supplement, you workout scheme, consistency and diet are 99 percent of the equation in my experience. I’ve since dropped all supplements minus fish oil, zinc, magnesium, whey and dextrose. [/quote]

I totally agree with this philosophy. My reason for starting this thread however, was to find out if there is one brand of PURE creatine better than what I’m using now whether it be a monohydrate or a ethyl ester.

I would rather have a high quality monohydrate and simply go with a higher then typical dose… check out CT’s guidelines on this. Seems to work out to 10-15g a day.

[quote]Jeffra wrote:
I totally agree with this philosophy. My reason for starting this thread however, was to find out if there is one brand of PURE creatine better than what I’m using now whether it be a monohydrate or a ethyl ester.
[/quote]

I’ve never used the brand you mentioned, but any good Creatine supplement should be pure.

Like the other poster mentioned, check out Biotest’s Creatine.

They all work the same…

…as long as you put it in your socks.