Best TV Shows...

I’m running out of good TV shows to check out. I need some of T-Nation’s recommendations. Especially good recommendations would be lesser known shows from Canada and the UK.

Some of my favorites are as follows…

Trailer Park Boys
BSG
Weeds
Curb
The Wire
Office
Tudors
Dexter
etc…

Anybody got any good ones?

2 and a half men always gets a few chuckles out of me.

Battlestar Galactica
The Office
Lost
Its Always Sunny in Philidelphia
The Ultimate Fighter
Prison Break
Entourage

I just started watching The Wire and Dexter on DVD. I enjoy both.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a scream.

I just watched the Trailer Park Boys movie and thought it was funny enough to want to start renting the seasons on DVD.

Rome and Deadwood are awesome!

I hear Extras is great as well.

The Tudors and Entourage are in my queue. I don’t have any of the pay channels, so I’m slowly catching up on these shows on DVD.

Beebuddy, you’re the second person today I’ve seen recommend The Weeds, so it looks like I will need to check out that one too.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
I just started watching The Wire and Dexter on DVD. I enjoy both.

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a scream.

I just watched the Trailer Park Boys movie and thought it was funny enough to want to start renting the seasons on DVD.

Rome and Deadwood are awesome!

I hear Extras is great as well.

The Tudors and Entourage are in my queue. I don’t have any of the pay channels, so I’m slowly catching up on these shows on DVD.

Beebuddy, you’re the second person today I’ve seen recommend The Weeds, so it looks like I will need to check out that one too.[/quote]

Funny, because you are the THIRD to reccomend Philadelphia. I’ll have to check it out. Trailer Park Boys is easily the funniest show I’ve seen, btw.

I only watch:

Supernatural
Smallville
Lost
the Wire
CSI (all except New York)
House (best show on tv in my opinion)
Family Guy

These are all on dvd so I may be missing out on something showing right now.

I have watched Dexter (the first season) and thought it was decent…even though I think the actress who plays his sister does that character too awkward and clueless.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I have watched Dexter (the first season) and thought it was decent…even though I think the actress who plays his sister does that character too awkward and clueless.[/quote]

I’m only on disk one of Dexter, but my friend and I were both saying today how we don’t like his sister at all. She seems like she’s gasping for air or swallowing when she talking. Like she’s always about to cry. Definitely the weak link so far.

1. The wire -it’s the best
  2. Dexter
  3. Rome
  4. Lost
  5. Sopranos-still watching, great so far
  6. Oz
  7. Lost
  8. House
  9. 24-its still tv crack, even though its nowhere near as good as the first few seasons
  10. Deadwood

Those are some of the best shows I have watched

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Professor X wrote:
I have watched Dexter (the first season) and thought it was decent…even though I think the actress who plays his sister does that character too awkward and clueless.

I’m only on disk one of Dexter, but my friend and I were both saying today how we don’t like his sister at all. She seems like she’s gasping for air or swallowing when she talking. Like she’s always about to cry. Definitely the weak link so far.
[/quote]

By the end of the season, I figured they chose her on purpose for that reason…because who else could be that close to their sibling yet so clueless to who/what her brother really is?

I still don’t like her though…and I think the black guy’s character is too damn flat. There is no back-story to him. He is like “generic-black-cop”.

[quote]ty45 wrote:
2 and a half men always gets a few chuckles out of me.[/quote]

The hell is wrong with you. Two and a half men? Seriously.

AngryVader wrote:
Professor X wrote:

By the end of the season, I figured they chose her on purpose for that reason…because who else could be that close to their sibling yet so clueless to who/what her brother really is?

I still don’t like her though…and I think the black guy’s character is too damn flat. There is no back-story to him. He is like “generic-black-cop”.[/quote]

he gets more of a story second season, well not much but you get some back drop. I think second season is better also.

AngryVader wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I still don’t like her though…and I think the black guy’s character is too damn flat. There is no back-story to him. He is like “generic-black-cop”.[/quote]

You might like season two of Dexter then because Doakes (however you spell the big black cop’s name) is the main focus of the season. It’s pretty epic actually.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Professor X wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
Professor X wrote:

I still don’t like her though…and I think the black guy’s character is too damn flat. There is no back-story to him. He is like “generic-black-cop”.

You might like season two of Dexter then because Doakes (however you spell the big black cop’s name) is the main focus of the season. It’s pretty epic actually.[/quote]

When it comes out, I’ll get it then. Maybe they will kill his sister off too.

Don’t tell me if they do/don’t. That’s the main reason I would get it.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Professor X wrote:
AngryVader wrote:
Professor X wrote:

he gets more of a story second season, well not much but you get some back drop. I think second season is better also.
[/quote]

Isn’t Season 2 about to come out on DVD? I need to hurry up and finish Season 1.

2 and a half men, burn notice(which is very good even though many people dont know about it), andlaw and order are my favs.

I only watch:

Supernatural
Smallville
Lost

Family Guy

[/quote]

same here

The Shield and Nip/Tuck are good or at least they were.

I’ll second Burn Notice.

Dexter, Curb, Sunny, Lost, Weeds, and 24.

Second half of this season’s South Park was kinda weak, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed that House will maintain (but, seriously, casting director…Kumar?!? And Amber was a shit character, too.)…

FWIW, I think Dexter’s sister came off better in season 2. I think she got a little more of a personality the second time around.

Supernatural
Millennium
X-Files
Deadwood
Miami Vice
Dexter
Sopranos
The Office
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Californication
Family Guy
Prison Break

Top gear (UK)
Anything Narrated by David Attenborough
Extras
OZ
Sopranos
The Mighty Boosh
The Office (UK version)

I don’t watch much tv but I do record “How it’s made” on the discovery channel. It’s cool to see how things are made/produced.

Also “Deadline” on HDNet…but thats only because Katie Daryl the shows hostess is hot.