T Nation

Best Triceps Exercise

I need to build my triceps urgently, in your experience what is the best tricep exercise? I was thinking of close gripp benching or incline dumbbell extensions, what do you recommend?

How often are you benching and overhead pressing a week?

Mega pump work then finish with dips or close grip variation…

dips
weighted dips

if you find dips hit your pecs more, then prefatigue triceps with just about anything else

PJR pullovers

[quote]cparker wrote:
How often are you benching and overhead pressing a week?[/quote]

I don’t bench but military press every day, that’s one of the reasons I want strong triceps, to assist my military press.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
PJR pullovers[/quote]

What are these?

[quote]Facepalm_Death wrote:
dips
weighted dips

if you find dips hit your pecs more, then prefatigue triceps with just about anything else[/quote]

My gym doesn’t have a dip station, what would be the second best you recommend?

JM press

[quote]trap_builder wrote:

[quote]cparker wrote:
How often are you benching and overhead pressing a week?[/quote]

I don’t bench but military press every day, that’s one of the reasons I want strong triceps, to assist my military press.
[/quote]
May I ask why would you do this?

Well I would start benching, and not military press every day. You could bench 1x a week and OHP 1x a week, or bench 2x a week and OHP 1x a week and so on. To get bigger triceps you are going to have to press more frequently there isnt just one magic exercise that will do it. Pick a couple assistance moves that have been stated already and do those after your bench and OHP sessions. Is there a reason you don’t bench? Like injury or something?

I’d do something for my long head if you aren’t already.

And I guess if you’re obsessed with the OHP, doing it so frequently, I’d suggest Push Press and Top-Half Seated Pin Presses would do well to help triceps strength in the OHP.

Why don’t you get on a proven program instead of applying band aid solution(s)?

Lying dumb-bell skull crushers
Interlaced finger pushups
Pushdowns
Cable overhead extensions

Power4ull
SQ - 970
BP - 740
DL - 848

I do a lot of OHP and push press and that really hit my tric hard.Try some close grip benching and jm press,also skullcrushers are one of my favorite exercise for tri.

Dips with hands close to your body, diamond pushups, JM presses (do some sets with a lot of reps with these).