Best Tricep Exercises?

JM Press in (sweet lord!) the smith machine.

Basically a heavy press, an extension, and some sort of movement that works the triceps in a stretched position to sum it up. Pick 3 from the examples given and get to work.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
JM Press in (sweet lord!) the smith machine.[/quote]

I like my JM’s with a barbell
I like my cgbp in the smith though.

We still hatin’ on the smith around here?

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
JM Press in (sweet lord!) the smith machine.[/quote]

I like my JM’s with a barbell
I like my cgbp in the smith though.

We still hatin’ on the smith around here?[/quote]

Nah, not for jm presses.

Standing Flat Bar Skull-crushers, Dumbbell OH Extensions, and than finish em off with Cable Push-downs for high reps you can switch the bar or rope around here too. I personally don’t like CGBP for triceps. That exercise should be called the how to fuck up your rotators press.

Standing Flat Bar Skull-crushers, Dumbbell OH Extensions, and than finish em off with Cable Push-downs for high reps you can switch the bar or rope around here too. I personally don’t like CGBP for triceps. That exercise should be called the how to fuck up your rotators press.

Never felt I got much out of CGBPs… I’ve done reverse grip benches in the past for tris, and while I don’t believe the gym-myth that it hits the inner head of the muscle, I do get a good pump and burn from it.

S

Thanks for the suggestions. I figured CGB and skullcrushers would be my best bet. But im paranoid im gonna f up and fail on the rep and drop the weighto on my face. And i dont do high reps atm so i need something i can use alot of weight on.

I think ill quit bein a cooch and try out the skull crushers on thursday =p

If you do the skullcrushers with the arms at a slight angle, it will become less dangerous to use (relatively) heavy loads, because then the weight won’t be situated above your face during the movement, as well as you’ll be able to apply constant tension to the muscle.

Enjoying Scott extensions at the moment

Right now ive been going with v handle cable pushdowns

The key for me is lower the weight, keep the elbows it place, pull towards the body and end at the quads

Going for peak contraction with that form

im really limited due to elbow pain as far as exercise selection goes

really big fan of standing french press. kind of old school. works well if you do your arms around your chest day cause its one of the only compound tricep focused exercises that doesnt involve the pec.

Does anybody else make it a point to include tricep exercises that focus on different angles? for example french press, close grip flat bench, weighted dips.(a favorite superset of mine) I “feel” all of these exercises primarily on the long head tricep but the different angle of the humorous seems to focus either toward the point of origin or insertion.

good suggestions. PJR pullovers are curiously how I see a lot of people doing pullovers, attempting to target their back, and pet their ego.
The jm press looks like a way to pack on tonnage. isn’t it about the same as a narrow grip partial press?

My problem is, if I start to hit triceps hard, my hands tend to fall asleep if I maintain a bent elbow during the course of the day. I should start stretching the piss out of them

Reverse grip bench in the smith. I don’t do them with the wide grip most of the DC guys tend to do though, I like a shoulder width grip instead.

Do weighted dips with a belt instead of a dumbbell.

[quote]hamo313 wrote:
I need to know a good tricep exercise that i can gradually progress on. First i did dips, but i felt like adding heavier n heavier dumbbells on the dip belt was uncomfortable. Then i did 2 hand overhand extensions, and i got up to 100 lbs. Only prob is my gym only goes up to 100 lb dumbbells =/. Now im doing 1 arm overhand extensions, but im not sure if its effective.

I need some hands on experience on this!

[/try close grip bench press performed on a smith machine]

[quote]hamo313 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. I figured CGB and skullcrushers would be my best bet. But im paranoid im gonna f up and fail on the rep and drop the weighto on my face. And i dont do high reps atm so i need something i can use alot of weight on.

I think ill quit bein a cooch and try out the skull crushers on thursday =p[/quote]

I remember doing some tricep work from the I,Bodybuilder program. C Thibs had skull crushers done on a flat bench, with BB and safety bars a few inches from your face. They were done from dead stop, but i suppose u could do them just touching the bar. To overcome your fear of smashing your face.

Close grip bench press has always worked well for me. You can overload your triceps with more weight than any exercise. They are easy to spot if you are going to failure as well.

Close grip in a smith with ass off the bench, pressing towards your feet > barbell CGP

[quote]kirchman wrote:
really big fan of standing french press. kind of old school. works well if you do your arms around your chest day cause its one of the only compound tricep focused exercises that doesnt involve the pec.

Does anybody else make it a point to include tricep exercises that focus on different angles? for example french press, close grip flat bench, weighted dips.(a favorite superset of mine) I “feel” all of these exercises primarily on the long head tricep but the different angle of the humorous seems to focus either toward the point of origin or insertion.[/quote]

is that you in your avatar?

If so… SICK FUCKING BACK!

Oh yeah and ummmm… triceps! Do em :slight_smile:

[quote]forlife wrote:
Do weighted dips with a belt instead of a dumbbell. [/quote]

I’m a big fan of dips and weighted dips… I would say that they are my favorite exercise. Weighted dips always hit my triceps hard