Best Training Approach to Fix Insulin Resistance?

Hope your doing great Coach Thibs,

Had a Question about insulin resistance is there a way of lifting that could help fix insulin resistance

Thanks

The things that will have the most positive effect on insulin resistance are those that limit inflammation, which more often than not refer to methods with no or little eccentric stress.

1. Loaded carries/prowler/sled work
  2. Assault bike, rowing ergometer, stationary bike with a lot of resistance
  3. Jumps and throws
  4. Olympic lifts
  5. Deadlifts, dropping the bar on each rep (requires bumper plates)
  6. Resistance bands work
3 Likes

Thanks Coach for your feedback so traditional weight training will not fix it is insulin resistance connected to not sweating in the workout since like you said I have a set of bodylastics bands heavy duty and I am a Type 2B and feel that bands are a great tool to me can a good Band training plan yield good results.

Bands are not as effective as weight training to build muscle. You asked about the methods that lead to the best improvement in insulin sensitivity. Not what is more effective to build muscle while improving insulin sensitivity.

But honestly, just building muscle will, in itself, improve insulin sensitivity.

1 Like

Thank you Coach for the clarification and your feedback will be more precise next time :+1:

coach,
what in your view Neurotype is more sensitive to insulin resistance , and do sets to failure affect that condition ?
thank you

If I am not wrong I remember that CT once said that eccentric training induce temporal (days) insulin resistance. If that’s the case, maybe you should not accentuate the eccentric parts of the lifts. Or on the other hand give it a try to only concentric training and see how does your glucose levels react.

Just remember that even with the right training and the right nutrition, if you are anxious, don’t sleep well or do not eliminate all the things that cause cortisol elevations, it will be harder to regain insulin sensitivity

1 Like

That is correct. In reality it is the inflammation caused by muscle damage that will make. MUSCLE temprarily less insulin sensitive (it doesn’t affect systemic insulin sensitivity) and because accentuating the eccentric causes more damage it can have a greater effect in that regard.

But again, that is specific to the muscle trained. And it is not the end of the world to be honest. But it could slow down glycogen replenishment.