T Nation

Best Time To Workout?

Hi,started Waterbury’s summer project today to try and drop some fat. Right now I work out at about 9:00 A.M. However starting next tuesday I am going to start school so my times to workout out would be 5:00 A.M. or around 3:00 P.M. It would be better to workout out in the morning because the gym is empty but I don’t know if it would be to early for the body?

Any advice on when to exercise another problem is that I eat my first meal at 7:25 A.M. so I would workout on an empty stomach, unless I change breakfast to 5:00 A.M.

[quote]dorianzane wrote:
Hi,started Waterbury’s summer project today to try and drop some fat. Right now I work out at about 9:00 A.M. However starting next tuesday I am going to start school so my times to workout out would be 5:00 A.M. or around 3:00 P.M. It would be better to workout out in the morning because the gym is empty but I don’t know if it would be to early for the body?

Any advice on when to exercise another problem is that I eat my first meal at 7:25 A.M. so I would workout on an empty stomach, unless I change breakfast to 5:00 A.M.[/quote]

I am sure some will give you a reason it’s best in the morning and likewise some for the evening. My advice is commit to when you will consistenly go and do a ball busting workout. You will need to determine when that will be.

Also, if you wake up one morning full of energy and ready to tear it up go in the morning. If one day you want to sleep in for whatever reason go that afternoon. Another words go when you feel best as long as whether it’s either one you are going on your day to lift!

D

Is it okay to do it on an empty stomach? or when I lift I should eat breakfast at 5:00 A.M?

If you go in the morning have a scoop of protein like Metabolic Drive in water with something like an apple. This should give you enough protein and carbs for your workout. Post workout slam a recovery drink like Surge and Creatine go home or to the dorm shower and within the next hour or two eat a good whole food meal with plenty of protein and good carbs.

D

are most bars in gyms 45 lbs? The ones at my gym are not marked so there is no way to know.

[quote]dorianzane wrote:
are most bars in gyms 45 lbs? The ones at my gym are not marked so there is no way to know.[/quote]

Yes, olympic bars are 45 lbs.

thanks, thats was one of the reasons I never bench pressed with a barbell only with dumbbells…I know dumb…lol

i remember reading here in the forums that training when you wake up its bad for the spine or something like that… so check that first.

[quote]Kome wrote:
i remember reading here in the forums that training when you wake up its bad for the spine or something like that… so check that first.[/quote]

really?.. I’ll look into that thanks.