T Nation

Best Time for Cheat Meals?

hi evry1

i wanted to now what is the best time for cheating meals and how we can “get away” with it?
and also what do you consider to be too much calorie wise?

any way to mininmize the efect of that kind of meal?

[quote]amitsapir wrote:
hi evry1

i wanted to now what is the best time for cheating meals and how we can “get away” with it?

any way to mininmize the efect of that kind of meal?[/quote]

That would depend on whether your idea of a cheat meal is a salad with Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing and a piece of chicken with the skin left on or an extra large pizza and half a dozen beers.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
amitsapir wrote:
hi evry1

any way to mininmize the efect of that kind of meal?

That would depend on whether your idea of a cheat meal is a salad with Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing and a piece of chicken with the skin left on or an extra large pizza and half a dozen beers.

[/quote]

It also depends on his goals, metabolism, and training. When gaining, many of my meals are “cheat meals”. When dieting, I try to keep it at one a week.

Well so,e say yes some no as to ways to minimise the effect like training before, or after, etc…

I know that if I am going to do an all out cheat in which I eat junk I pay NO attention to the K/cals and just eat what I have a desire to.

Also for me it helps mentally if I have a w/o before, no way I could after for many hours anyway. I do however like to go on a long walk or something

Have fun, just limit those days depending on your state of body comp and goals,

Hope that helps,
Phill

Your body is most adept at handling insulin response in the morning. So if your gonna cheat, cheat first thing. The last thing you wanna do is gorge yourself in the evening. Maybe you could have a nice big cheat meal in the morning, and just eat smaller portions of your regular meals throughout the day and shoot, you would still be on par to get in your usual caloric needs. heck, if you did it that way, you could probably have cheat meals on alot of mornings, hint hint hint…Idea…