Best Thing Pres. Bush Has Done?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Well…he’s sure made up a lot of cool words…

I was always fond of “irregardless”…[/quote]

Of all the silly things W has said, you picked one which is actually a word. Again proving, that most of his critics are much less intelligent than they would like to admit.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Bumper sticker of the day:

“Save the environment. Plant a Bush back in Texas.”[/quote]

Gee, do they have these in Sweden, you fucking liar?

[quote]ChuckyT wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

I was always fond of “irregardless”…

Of all the silly things W has said, you picked one which is actually a word. Again proving, that most of his critics are much less intelligent than they would like to admit.[/quote]

I always thought it was a word too. Irish, you’re degree is in English; is it not a word?

Whether or not, I don’t think Bush is the first one to make that mistake.

BTW: What word in the English language is always pronounced incorrectly?

[quote]ChuckyT wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:

I was always fond of “irregardless”…

Of all the silly things W has said, you picked one which is actually a word. Again proving, that most of his critics are much less intelligent than they would like to admit.[/quote]

Absolutely.

I’ve mentioned this phenomena before. Watch or listen to this so-called “elites” attempting to make fun of Bush’s language.

I would say 75% of the time their criticism will include either a grammatical error or a mispronunciation.

It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

JeffR

irregardless is not a word.

irrespective is a word.

irregardless is not.

Best thing Bush did? Hmmmmmmmmmm…good question! Let’s scan the databank here. Let’s see…hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I’m stumped, I gotta tell you. So I’m just going to lob a dart at the wall and pick…

Saving tens of thousands of Americans from a 9/11 style attack by going on the offensive against Muslim extremists who want to kill us.

[quote]DS 007 wrote:
irregardless is not a word.

irrespective is a word.

irregardless is not.[/quote]

I believe that it is a word.

JeffR

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Former Pres Jimmy ‘King of the Fuckups’ Carter recently made news by calling Pres Bush the ‘worst in history’. Seeing how none of this war would have happened if JC had not turned his back on the Shah, JC should look in a fucking mirror and say his shit.

Something is truly wrong in all this though: JC was a Trilateral/CFR president too. His whole cabinet was full of those cabalists. His attacking Bush must mean that Bush has gone ‘off the reservation’ in so far as the CFR is concerned.

Look how Bush fired Rumsfeld, and old CFR prick. Though Bush is safe, if his term were any longer, I wouldn’t bet on his living very long.

Look what happened to Kennedy when he tried to eliminate the Federal Reserve system.[/quote]

Yea, Cater has some balls considering his long and distinguished list of fuck-ups during his presidency. We should make a list, if the server capacity is there to handle it. Perhaps I could create an SQL database on a terabyte SAN, that’d be easier.

Best things Bush has done:
-USSC nominees
-Partial-birth abortion ban
-tax cuts.

Worst things:
-Iraq
-Patriot Act
-Amnesty for Illegals

He and his administration presented apparently falisfied information to the Congress prior to the invasion of Iraq… which is a felony.

Just a thought, just a thought…

“Irregardless” is technically incorrect, but it is in such wide usage that it’s not that big a deal anymore.

W did not make it up.

I don’t think anybody is going to shoot you for using the word ‘irregardless’, but you should still avoid using it.

I would put it on par with misusing ‘principal’ and ‘principle’.

Not a big deal, but it is still incorrect.

[quote]Fitnessdiva wrote:
He and his administration presented apparently falisfied information to the Congress prior to the invasion of Iraq… which is a felony.

Just a thought, just a thought…[/quote]

If that were provable the impeachment proceeding would have long since begun. He is not exactly Mr. Popular ya know. I don’t doubt some of that happened, I would tend to hold Rumsfield accountable for that as he seemed to be the ring leader for the whole thing.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
I would say 75% of the time their criticism will include either a grammatical error or a mispronunciation.
[/quote]
‘Irregardless’ is not standard form because it is a double negative. Both the prefix ‘ir’ and suffix ‘less’ denote a lack of regard which would negate the intended meaning as it is often used in context–without regard.

It is far harder to criticize pronunciation because it is all about where the accent is placed on the word, palletization of vowel sounds, mouth deformities, etc. Hence Bush’s Texan accent. Literacy does play a role in pronunciation, however, and the more one listens to others speak properly the more “accurate” one’s pronunciation will be.

If you really want to get technical, proper pronunciation of English words would lead to an impeccable, learned English accent–a la Europeans who learn “The Queen’s English”.

Regardless, if you want to sound like an idiot use “irregardless” in colloquial speech with the literati. I’m just glad we cannot gage spelling ability from speech.

1 - Afghanistan (prior to shifting focus to Iraq).

[quote]Fitnessdiva wrote:

Alright, cool! A refreshing left wing point of view!!

[quote]JeffR wrote:
I believe that it is a word.

Irregardless Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster [/quote]

It’s non-standard, uses a double-negative and is highly controversial. It’s also a neologism. Because of all that, I would never use it. And I’m not even a public figure…

Speaking of problems with speaking, this one is a few years old but probably my favorite of his presidency.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1987104025700373400

[quote]fitnessdiva wrote:

Proof?

Thanks in advance,

JeffR

P.S. soros and his mouthpieces aren’t proof.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
fitnessdiva wrote:

Just a thought, just a thought…

Proof?

Thanks in advance,

JeffR

P.S. soros and his mouthpieces aren’t proof.

[/quote]

Oh come on JeffR. you cant ask people to possibly provide proof.

Bush is nothing like most of the members of T-Nation! We have the ability to express our own opinions on various concerns.

[quote]John S. wrote:

Oh come on JeffR. you cant ask people to possibly provide proof.
[/quote]

Yet, strangely, when hurling accusations against the left, proof is no longer such a desirable burden.

Proof will almost always be beyond our ken, but we can look at behavior and evidence.

Or is that only fair when talking about the left?