T Nation

Best Thing Pres. Bush Has Done?

Despite all the ridiculous things he does and how much a lot of people on this forum probably disagree with his actions, this might be my favorite thing he has been consistent about during his presidency.  Plus it shows that he is a 'little more like us (aka T-Nation members who are obsessed with health)' in mindset no matter how crazy he might seem sometimes.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-05-05-bush-fitness_N.htm

Bush promotes fitness, goes biking

BELTSVILLE, Md. (AP) ? Just before climbing on his mountain bike Saturday, President Bush urged people to get up off their couches and walk, jog, pedal and swim.

“It doesn’t take much time to stay fit ? 30 minutes, five days a week,” Bush said at a Secret Service training facility just outside Washington where he went for a bike ride.

May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month, and June will mark the fifth anniversary of the HealthierUS Initiative. The president launched the initiative in 2002 to encourage people to do physical activity every day, eat nutritious food, get preventive screenings for disease and make healthy lifestyle choices.

“I love exercise,” said the president, who was wearing navy biking shorts and a green T-shirt. Before he left for the ride, he lifted up his blue-and-white mountain bike to prove he was strong and fit.

“I have found that exercise not only is a good excuse to get outdoors. It helps to relieve stress as well.”

He was joined by Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt and members of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, including fitness expert Denise Austin.

“The message to all Americans is to find time in your schedule to walk, run, swim, bike ? to take care of yourselves,” Bush said.

Bush traded in his running shoes for mountain bikes about three years ago after pain in his knees kept him from jogging. At 60, he is a devoted mountain bike rider, regularly leaving the White House for rides on Saturday mornings or after church on Sundays.

Most of his cycling is at Beltsville, but he also bikes occasionally at the Marine base at Quantico, Va., Camp David at Catoctin Mountain Park and at his ranch at Crawford, Texas. He also sneaks in rides during presidential trips.

As he delivered his statement on exercise, Bush gave a rare glimpse of the wooded area in which he cycles. He typically rides his bike out of the media’s view.

Bush has a six-day-a-week exercise regimen that includes pedaling his mountain bike at up to 18 miles an hour for 15 miles to 20 miles a week, according to his last physical examination, in August 2006. He also does low-impact “hill work” on a treadmill and free weight resistance training and stretching.

Best thing he ever did was read upside down from a book about goats to school children while our nation was under attack.

and the whole passing out from choking on a pretzel thing.

and don’t forget nap time.

His appointments to the Supreme Court. Most everything else was a FUBAR, but those were good choices.

He betrayed conservatism and missed his chance to be a GREAT president by not pushing through term limits, a balanced budget amendment, and all that. But even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Because I couldn’t think of anything, I went to the White House website. This is what I found:

[i]"Since becoming President of the United States in 2001, President Bush has worked with the Congress to create an ownership society and build a future of security, prosperity, and opportunity for all Americans. He signed into law tax relief that helps workers keep more of their hard-earned money, as well as the most comprehensive education reforms in a generation, the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. This legislation is ushering in a new era of accountability, flexibility, local control, and more choices for parents, affirming our Nation?s fundamental belief in the promise of every child. President Bush has also worked to improve healthcare and modernize Medicare, providing the first-ever prescription drug benefit for seniors; increase homeownership, especially among minorities; conserve our environment; and increase military strength, pay, and benefits. Because President Bush believes the strength of America lies in the hearts and souls of our citizens, he has supported programs that encourage individuals to help their neighbors in need.

On the morning of September 11, 2001, terrorists attacked our Nation. Since then, President Bush has taken unprecedented steps to protect our homeland and create a world free from terror. He is grateful for the service and sacrifice of our brave men and women in uniform and their families. The President is confident that by helping build free and prosperous societies, our Nation and our friends and allies will succeed in making America more secure and the world more peaceful."[/i]

http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/biography.html

Aside from the meaningless rhetoric (“worked with the Congress to create an ownership society and build a future of security, prosperity, and opportunity for all Americans”), puffing (“taken unprecedented steps to protect our homeland and create a world free from terror”) and inaccurate statements (“conserve our environment”), I don’t see anything I’d call great.


1)

Marry Laura…

Create these two…

(I still can’t believe it…)


3)

Get Jiggy with a West African Dance Troupe…

Mufasa

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
3)

Get Jiggy with a West African Dance Troupe…

Mufasa[/quote]

Way too fucking funny! I remember watching this on tv and thinking, “is he drunk?”

Good stuff.

  1. USSC appointments

  2. Philosophy in war against radical Islam (if not in execution)

  3. Driving the moonbats insane, which exposes them and takes the further away from the national conversation

Inadvertently discrediting the utility of big government beyond any measure seen before.

[quote]Rusty Barbell wrote:
Despite all the ridiculous things he does and how much a lot of people on this forum probably disagree with his actions, this might be my favorite thing he has been consistent about during his presidency. Plus it shows that he is a ‘little more like us (aka T-Nation members who are obsessed with health)’ in mindset no matter how crazy he might seem sometimes.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2007-05-05-bush-fitness_N.htm

Bush promotes fitness, goes biking

BELTSVILLE, Md. (AP) ? Just before climbing on his mountain bike Saturday, President Bush urged people to get up off their couches and walk, jog, pedal and swim.

“It doesn’t take much time to stay fit ? 30 minutes, five days a week,” Bush said at a Secret Service training facility just outside Washington where he went for a bike ride.

May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month, and June will mark the fifth anniversary of the HealthierUS Initiative. The president launched the initiative in 2002 to encourage people to do physical activity every day, eat nutritious food, get preventive screenings for disease and make healthy lifestyle choices.

“I love exercise,” said the president, who was wearing navy biking shorts and a green T-shirt. Before he left for the ride, he lifted up his blue-and-white mountain bike to prove he was strong and fit.

“I have found that exercise not only is a good excuse to get outdoors. It helps to relieve stress as well.”

He was joined by Health and Human Services Secretary Mike Leavitt and members of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports, including fitness expert Denise Austin.

“The message to all Americans is to find time in your schedule to walk, run, swim, bike ? to take care of yourselves,” Bush said.

Bush traded in his running shoes for mountain bikes about three years ago after pain in his knees kept him from jogging. At 60, he is a devoted mountain bike rider, regularly leaving the White House for rides on Saturday mornings or after church on Sundays.

Most of his cycling is at Beltsville, but he also bikes occasionally at the Marine base at Quantico, Va., Camp David at Catoctin Mountain Park and at his ranch at Crawford, Texas. He also sneaks in rides during presidential trips.

As he delivered his statement on exercise, Bush gave a rare glimpse of the wooded area in which he cycles. He typically rides his bike out of the media’s view.

Bush has a six-day-a-week exercise regimen that includes pedaling his mountain bike at up to 18 miles an hour for 15 miles to 20 miles a week, according to his last physical examination, in August 2006. He also does low-impact “hill work” on a treadmill and free weight resistance training and stretching.

[/quote]

I’ve always heard biking too much causes constriction in the balls, leading to all kinds of testicular health problems. Guys with low sperm counts are known to compensate by being pure assholes. Makes sense he rides a friggin’ bicycle.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
Because I couldn’t think of anything, I went to the White House website. This is what I found:

[i]"Since becoming President of the United States in 2001, President Bush has worked with the Congress to create an ownership society and build a future of security, prosperity, and opportunity for all Americans. He signed into law tax relief that helps workers keep more of their hard-earned money, as well as the most comprehensive education reforms in a generation, the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001. This legislation is ushering in a new era of accountability, flexibility, local control, and more choices for parents, affirming our Nation?s fundamental belief in the promise of every child. President Bush has also worked to improve healthcare and modernize Medicare, providing the first-ever prescription drug benefit for seniors; increase homeownership, especially among minorities; conserve our environment; and increase military strength, pay, and benefits. Because President Bush believes the strength of America lies in the hearts and souls of our citizens, he has supported programs that encourage individuals to help their neighbors in need.

On the morning of September 11, 2001, terrorists attacked our Nation. Since then, President Bush has taken unprecedented steps to protect our homeland and create a world free from terror. He is grateful for the service and sacrifice of our brave men and women in uniform and their families. The President is confident that by helping build free and prosperous societies, our Nation and our friends and allies will succeed in making America more secure and the world more peaceful."[/i]

http://www.whitehouse.gov/president/biography.html

Aside from the meaningless rhetoric (“worked with the Congress to create an ownership society and build a future of security, prosperity, and opportunity for all Americans”), puffing (“taken unprecedented steps to protect our homeland and create a world free from terror”) and inaccurate statements (“conserve our environment”), I don’t see anything I’d call great.[/quote]

He thanks the servicemen for their bravery, AND DYING FOR MY FUTURE INCOME!!! Fuck him and his whole Texas club he has hired, I hope Delay gets assraped in the pen. Theoretically, of course, because he already knows he’ll receive a pardon. Dick…

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
3)

Get Jiggy with a West African Dance Troupe…

Mufasa

Way too fucking funny! I remember watching this on tv and thinking, “is he drunk?”

Good stuff.
[/quote]

Nope, not drunk, just dumber than a friggin’ stump. Or did I already say that? Look at what a dork you guys support! WTF man???

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
2)

Create these two…

(I still can’t believe it…)

[/quote]

They are ho’s, and Laura probably cheated. Actually, one of them looks like Chelsea Clinton. Hmmm…

[quote]etaco wrote:
Inadvertently discrediting the utility of big government beyond any measure seen before.[/quote]

Ramen!

[quote]Rusty Barbell wrote:
“I love exercise,” said the president, who was wearing navy biking shorts and a green T-shirt. Before he left for the ride, he lifted up his blue-and-white mountain bike to prove he was strong and fit.
[/quote]

umm… Mountain bikes weigh like 15lb?

Bumper sticker of the day:

“Save the environment. Plant a Bush back in Texas.”

Former Pres Jimmy ‘King of the Fuckups’ Carter recently made news by calling Pres Bush the ‘worst in history’. Seeing how none of this war would have happened if JC had not turned his back on the Shah, JC should look in a fucking mirror and say his shit.

Something is truly wrong in all this though: JC was a Trilateral/CFR president too. His whole cabinet was full of those cabalists. His attacking Bush must mean that Bush has gone ‘off the reservation’ in so far as the CFR is concerned.

Look how Bush fired Rumsfeld, and old CFR prick. Though Bush is safe, if his term were any longer, I wouldn’t bet on his living very long.

Look what happened to Kennedy when he tried to eliminate the Federal Reserve system.

[quote]micromuscle wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
2)

Create these two…

(I still can’t believe it…)

They are ho’s, and Laura probably cheated. Actually, one of them looks like Chelsea Clinton. Hmmm… [/quote]

Clinton never cheated on his wife. We have his sworn testimony.

Well…he’s sure made up a lot of cool words…

I was always fond of “irregardless”…