Best Test to Take in Pill Form

Well… that’s enough reason for me to try it once back on my TRT.

Dr Crisler was the main reason why I advocated with my endocrinologist to put me on Xyosted 100 mg a week. Along with the book, “Natural Versus Testosterone Therapy” by Lee Myers & “The Definitive Testosterone Replacement Therapy Manual” by Jay Campbell. I thought they made sense by suggesting subQ being the best because they argue it keeps your E2 levels in check better, more naturally mimics your own body’s testosterone & avoids having a lifetime of holes in your muscles. But my main goal is to feel better! I’m 44 years old & have been on Xyosted for 3 shots & have another due tomorrow so that will be 4 weeks. I haven’t noticed any difference of improvement in my depression, well being, energy, sleep or sexual function. I can’t tell that I’ve even taken anything yet. Perhaps it’s too early to tell but now I’m second guessing myself that I should have gone with testosterone cypionate IM after reading your posts. You mentioned after reading more than 50 different posts on people describing the same situation of not feeling much of anything using subQ T versus feeling amazing via IM T. Were all of the posts you mentioned here on T-nation or a combination of sites? I totally believe you but would like to read some more for myself, if you can point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate it. Do you take testosterone cypionate IM? Do you mind sharing what dose you take & how often & what type of Dr do you see for yours? I was down to 174 ng/ml total T and 3.4 pg/ml free T and have suffered from really bad depression, gained a lot of weight despite eating healthy & working out 5x per week both with weights & cardio & feel so lathargic. I’ve done a tremendous amount of research but am a newbie to TRT injections so any advice and feedback would be appreciated.

@tlm574s
TRT takes quite a while before you experience the real big changes so don’t second guess yourself especially this early in the game. There’s many on sub-q that are very happy with TRT but some (like me) don’t get the full effect that I get with IM.

I’m on 200mg/week IM. I split that up into daily injections but a majority of folks are perfectly fine with twice a week. I started on 220mg/week but was 30 lbs overweight so I felt like shit. Dropped to 100mg/week while simultaneously losing weight. Once I dropped that thirty I started upping my dose by 20mg increments every 2-3 months and honestly didn’t feel TRT until I got to 160mg/week. Once I got to 185mg I really felt it and 200mg has been great (no real difference between 185mg & 200mg).

I suffered from depression my whole life and TRT has completely eliminated it (once dialed in) as well as positively effected many other aspects. It’s the best decision I’ve ever made. My T levels before TRT were much higher than yours so I can imagine it could be life changing for you once you get there.

I don’t know much about Xyosted but the thought of not being able to control things especially in the beginning wouldn’t have been ideal for me. There are a few guys here that insist on starting at 100mg and their heart is in the right place but I personally think 150mg is the ideal starting dosage. A majority of people on TRT go through clinics and most of the clinics start at 200mg cookie cutter dosages and the guys are happy.

I can connect you with my clinic if you’d like. There’s several folks on the forum that use them now. They are extremely laid back. You get 220mg/week to do what you want with and don’t have to worry about losing your prescription for whatever reason. They run $150/month which includes everything (labs, prescription, meds sent to your house every 2 months, syringes, etc). There’s plenty clinics like them but this one I can vouch as being much more laid back. They have quite a few pro bodybuilders as clients. My email is in my bio if you want me to connect you.

Here’s more info on my TRT journey.

1 Like