T Nation

Best tasting Protein Powders

New year, and new country.
Question – WHat do people in the US think are the better(best) tasting protein powder (brand/flavour)?

Back in Germany, I did love the ESN Hazelnut Whey Protein, and the Coffee flavoured one (can’t recall the brand) Though haven’t seen said flavours here :<

so, what brand/flavors are suggested and why?

1 scoop of chocolate flavor Met Drive mixed with 1 scoop of banana flavor Met Drive. Quality, taste, texture,… done and done! :slight_smile:

S


You might not realize this but you are on a supplement company’s forum so give Metabolic Drive a try.

Do it, Do it now.

Also:
Blender + Choc. protein powder + coffee ice cubes and dash of water = Mocha coffee shake

(Probably goes without saying but coffee die cubes are made from freezing left over coffee.)

[quote]JLone wrote:
(Probably goes without saying but coffee die cubes are made from freezing left over coffee.)[/quote]
Um, what the hell kind of Freudian slip is this? Feeling stressed about something, man? :wink:

I actually had a shake epiphany the other day. Chocolate Metabolic Drive with a splash of Berry flavoring. If it doesn’t taste like a freaking chocolate-covered strawberry, I don’t know what does.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:
(Probably goes without saying but coffee die cubes are made from freezing left over coffee.)[/quote]
Um, what the hell kind of Freudian slip is this? Feeling stressed about something, man? :wink:

I actually had a shake epiphany the other day. Chocolate Metabolic Drive with a splash of Berry flavoring. If it doesn’t taste like a freaking chocolate-covered strawberry, I don’t know what does.[/quote]
I didn’t even notice the slip, must be one of those weeks.

What about the orange flavor with chocolate powder? If it tasted like a Terry’s chocolate ball I wouldn’t eat anything else.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
1 scoop of chocolate flavor Met Drive mixed with 1 scoop of banana flavor Met Drive. Quality, taste, texture,… done and done! :slight_smile:

S[/quote]

This! Also great with milk and PB.

[quote]JLone wrote:
What about the orange flavor with chocolate powder? If it tasted like a Terry’s chocolate ball I wouldn’t eat anything else. [/quote]
I tried this over the weekend.

I had it as a normal shake (water + protein powder in blender bottle, shake it up, add splash of orange flavor, shake it up.) I can see it being even better as a thicker consistency in a blender with ice.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]JLone wrote:
What about the orange flavor with chocolate powder? If it tasted like a Terry’s chocolate ball I wouldn’t eat anything else. [/quote]
I tried this over the weekend.

I had it as a normal shake (water + protein powder in blender bottle, shake it up, add splash of orange flavor, shake it up.) I can see it being even better as a thicker consistency in a blender with ice.[/quote]

Oooooo! I’m going to try this. I make mine with the vanilla MD and orange juice with ice. I have a little bit of the Mag-10 flavoring left over so I’m going to experiment with that to save myself the extra sugar. Adding ice and using a hand mixer makes it taste like the next best thing to a creamsicle. It’s nice with the strawberry MD also.

To the OP: Metabolic Drive is really the best protein powder that I’ve used…and I’m old and have tried a lot of them. I think it’s the best quality, best texture and best taste. Off the top of my head, I can’t even think of one that comes close.