T Nation

Best Supplement for Losing Weight?

im new and trying to lose weight. im 20 5’10 200lbs. i was wondering whats the best way to start. i jus started going to the gym daily. what suppliments should i be taking during n after my workouts to get my weight off? and what about diets?

Diet comes WAY before supplements.

Sorry it doesn’t sound exotic but stuff like HOT-ROX Extreme and similar products will do next to NOTHING for you.

First thing first you need to learn how to eat correctly.

Try Nutrition for Newbies, parts 1 and 2 on this site by CT.

Look for articles by John Berardi too.

Also please dont post subject titles in caps.

Well said Ben!

Guess he’s new so its kinda expected…one “supplement” I would add to my diet to certainly aid fat loss/body composition is FISH OIL for your healthy fats. Once you learn more about diet planning etc, you will learn how much to take/when etc…

GJ

[quote]Gymjunkie wrote:
Well said Ben!

Guess he’s new so its kinda expected…one “supplement” I would add to my diet to certainly aid fat loss/body composition is FISH OIL for your healthy fats. Once you learn more about diet planning etc, you will learn how much to take/when etc…

GJ[/quote]

Aye agreed although I would like to expand on simply fish oil:

Implement fish oil into an already calorie controlled diet with appropriate macro break downs - not simply on top of an average diet.

yeah ben, I like food.

food rocks!

OP; eat food.

how much? good question…

go find out.

ECA.

Salmon.

Spinach.

Repeat.

For starters, get more Fiber in your diet.

5’10 and 200lbs? Most guys here are eating a ton to get to that weight :slight_smile:

jpb

Yep, you have to have a planned diet and know what you are eating.

The fish oil suggestion was a good one as was the fiber.

Easy thing to do is eat some celery stalks with each meal, all boring day long.

Always eat your protein first and a lot of it