Best Submission Ever

What’s the best submission you’ve ever seen? I don’t mean most technical, or most powerful, but just most unlikely thing to come out of nowhere.

Here are two candidates:

Ryo Chonan vs. Anderson Silva:

Rumina Sato vs. Charles Taylor:

I’d say it was the time this poor guy from some bullshido gym came in to do judo with us. He was trying to be very cool and threw one of our smallest guys hard as during a drill where one guy couldn’t defend. This dude is like 220.

So when its his turn to get thrown i make sure he goes ass over pie hole. The funny thing was when I grabed his gi (thinish karate gi not thick judo pyjamas) I also accidentally grabbed a hand full of back fat/skin/hair.

Most of the hair was a gonner. I almost felt sorry.

Other than that i vote Sato by armbar.

-chris

[quote]realpeanutbutter wrote:
Other than that i vote Sato by armbar.

-chris[/quote]

This was my first thought when I saw the thread title. It was really well executed, and I still remember from watching it quite a while ago.

Sato’s flying armbar gives me a half chub. Pretty freaking awesome.

Sato’s was definitely sick. But I can’t help but wonder wtf Chonan was waiting for. I didn’t notice any vulnerability in silva at that particular time. Whatever, I like Chonan’s better because he stuck with the fight knowing he could end it at any time.

That flying armbar was one of the scarier things I have ever seen. Talk about the element of surprise…

in last week’s ufc re-run ivan salaverry had tony frykland’s back and figure 4’d his stomach. then he just squeezed frykland to death like a damn python. it was a verbal tap out. i was surprised he could say anything at all.

[quote]swivel wrote:
in last week’s ufc re-run ivan salaverry had tony frykland’s back and figure 4’d his stomach. then he just squeezed frykland to death like a damn python. it was a verbal tap out. i was surprised he could say anything at all.[/quote]

damn, I’d love a clip of that!

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
swivel wrote:
in last week’s ufc re-run ivan salaverry had tony frykland’s back and figure 4’d his stomach. then he just squeezed frykland to death like a damn python. it was a verbal tap out. i was surprised he could say anything at all.

damn, I’d love a clip of that![/quote]

voila!

The flying armbar was seriously badass. I had seen that before in another UFC fight; I think a Gracie and this seriously jacked guy from Hawaii but I could be mistaken. Although, I think my vote goes for the back crank. That looked painful as all hell…

[quote]kligor wrote:
Xen Nova wrote:
swivel wrote:

damn, I’d love a clip of that!

voila![/quote]

salaverry vs. joe riggs was impressive too…salaverry from the bottom kicked riggs in the face; riggs falls face first into a quick! triangle:

regarding salaverry:

jeez, what do they feed those canadians

[quote]kligor wrote:
What’s the best submission you’ve ever seen? I don’t mean most technical, or most powerful, but just most unlikely thing to come out of nowhere.

Here are two candidates:

Ryo Chonan vs. Anderson Silva:

Rumina Sato vs. Charles Taylor:

[/quote]

What’s awesome is I was thinking ryo chonan vs. anderson silva before I even opened the thread. His entire fight against Silva was impressive.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
regarding salaverry:

jeez, what do they feed those canadians[/quote]

Just fish we catch while fishing from our igloos :slight_smile:

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
regarding salaverry:

jeez, what do they feed those canadians[/quote]

Beer, poutine, pussy and maple syrup… not necessarily in that order.

Fujita vs Mauricio Silva, scissor kick transitioned to heel hook.

sato armbar, it was hilarious, he climbed the air then just yanked him down to the mat, badass.

The Camel Clutch, baby, from the Iron Sheik. Nobody got out of that one!

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
Fujita vs Mauricio Silva, scissor kick transitioned to heel hook. [/quote]

Any vids? I can’t find any on youtube or google.