Best Strongman Event in History!

[quote]molnes wrote:
Knee didn’t make it. He got very tired during the competition and had to pull out.

22 year old Arild Haugen won the event in front of strong men like Venta, Felix and Dymek. I think he is going to be a future WSM.[/quote]

Nee suffered what he thought was a bicep injury in the axle clean & press.

He deadlifted 902lbs!

Airld Haugen is very impressive and should be one of the top guys for along time.

I’ve always thought Strongman was one of the coolest sports around. I stopped watching it as it seemed like the events got more and more like glorified powerlifting, deadlifting for reps, log pressing, etc…

I miss the days when they loaded kegs on the back of trucks and had to run through a track carrying heavy loads. It had more athleticism involved.

[quote]1000rippedbuff wrote:

I miss the days when they loaded kegs on the back of trucks and had to run through a track carrying heavy loads. It had more athleticism involved.[/quote]

I really hope you’re not talking abotu the “run a quarter mile with a sack on your back” finals event that was put in for the sole purpose of allowing JPS to beat OD Wilson. That is complete bs. Running around with mildly heavy weights has nothing to do with strength, it’s track for the fat guys.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
1000rippedbuff wrote:

I miss the days when they loaded kegs on the back of trucks and had to run through a track carrying heavy loads. It had more athleticism involved.

I really hope you’re not talking abotu the “run a quarter mile with a sack on your back” finals event that was put in for the sole purpose of allowing JPS to beat OD Wilson. That is complete bs. Running around with mildly heavy weights has nothing to do with strength, it’s track for the fat guys.
[/quote]

HAHA seriously…

No offense to the old contests and contestants they where strong for their day.

But the Modern strongmen are way more athletic. They do the same stuff. Usually faster with heavier loads.

[quote]Kalle wrote:
KBCThird wrote:
1000rippedbuff wrote:

HAHA seriously…

But the Modern strongmen are way more athletic. They do the same stuff. Usually faster with heavier loads. [/quote]

They should add more fun events, like the sumo wrestling maybe throwing heavy shit and breaking stuff. That would be awesome, huge monsters fighting, throwing, breaking, and lifting heavy shit.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Kalle wrote:
KBCThird wrote:
1000rippedbuff wrote:

HAHA seriously…

But the Modern strongmen are way more athletic. They do the same stuff. Usually faster with heavier loads.

They should add more fun events, like the sumo wrestling maybe throwing heavy shit and breaking stuff. That would be awesome, huge monsters fighting, throwing, breaking, and lifting heavy shit.
[/quote]

Go to the circus for shit like that.

[quote]shizen wrote:

[/quote]

They already throw heavy shit, and sumo is just about the dumbest event in strongman history.