Best Strategy for Gaining Weight?

I am following your super soldier protocol and I am trying to gain strength and mass. I have always had trouble putting on weight. Should I be stuffing myself until bloated from food or is that going to be counterproductive by causing digestive issues? What about meal frequency and using liquid nutrition?

My first question would be, what is your conditioning, i.e. bodyfat like right now?

Relatively low body fat. Good conditioning I deliver drywall and building materials for a living, constantly lifting 50-100lbs+. I was originally attracted to your program because most other programs end up trashing my CNS.

so your work is very labor intensive. Correct?

Definitely

Then it’s quite simple. I mean I’m going to tell you something you already know. You have to eat more than you have been.

One of the easiest ways I’ve found for guys to get in extra calories is just through peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I assume you pack a lunch. Throw 2 of them in there along with all of your other food and munch on them here and there throughout the day. If the scale doesn’t move after two weeks, throw in a third.

It’s really all about progressive food overload. You just have to eat more than you have been and figure out ways to make that more convenient.

Ok, I will give the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches a shot, I know Dan John recommends the same for mass gain. I think my problem in the past has been trying to add too much at once. Thanks

1 Like