Best Steroid for Keeping Your Gains

[quote]Verdades wrote:
IME, TRT dosages of test e[/quote]

Isnt this the correct answer. Why would you lose any real muscle gains if you maintain with a TRT level maintenance dose of Test?

[quote]Tenp250 wrote:
Verdades wrote:
IME, TRT dosages of test e

Isnt this the correct answer. Why would you lose any real muscle gains if you maintain with a TRT level maintenance dose of Test?[/quote]

Depends on your level. If your body has gained in accordance with 3g of androgens, and is 50lbs over its natural level - then 100mg of TRT test a week isnt likely to cut it… not in the long term at least.

proper diet makes a huge differnce ,you can “get away” with junk food much more easily while your juice levels are sky-high but when your levels start to plummet during PCT the garbage you eat doesnt turn to muscle

[quote] Brook wrote:
Tenp250 wrote:
Verdades wrote:

Isnt this the correct answer. Why would you lose any real muscle gains if you maintain with a TRT level maintenance dose of Test?

Depends on your level. If your body has gained in accordance with 3g of androgens, and is 50lbs over its natural level - then 100mg of TRT test a week isnt likely to cut it… not in the long term at least.[/quote]

Lets say you dont go wild. Use 1 gr or less and gain 20 pounds. Would a trt dose of 200 or so maintain the gains?

[quote]ironmiketyson wrote:
proper diet makes a huge differnce ,you can “get away” with junk food much more easily while your juice levels are sky-high but when your levels start to plummet during PCT the garbage you eat doesnt turn to muscle [/quote]

what up dude… I guess its a good thing my levels are real high cause I have been eatin some junk but I have been eatin the good stuff too… protein shake for breakfast a few tuna fish sandwch at work and then in the evening I will eat some fish with veggies or some steak or something but often somewhere along the line some fast food gets through… but with 2 inj a week and two or three 10mg methandienone a day I have added over 50lbs to my bench and put on roughly 20 lbs

I can eat pizzas and big macs and kfc buckets and stay relatively lean while on a good cycle

If i tried that without a cycle my belly would be hanging over my jeans after a couple of days

although try not to make a habit out of it ,junk food is really addcitive and clean food will leave you feeling better to train harder

[quote]Tenp250 wrote:
Brook wrote:
Tenp250 wrote:
Verdades wrote:

Depends on your level. If your body has gained in accordance with 3g of androgens, and is 50lbs over its natural level - then 100mg of TRT test a week isnt likely to cut it… not in the long term at least.

Lets say you dont go wild. Use 1 gr or less and gain 20 pounds. Would a trt dose of 200 or so maintain the gains?[/quote]

OK - i think i need to re-phrase.

You are asking the wrong questions… instead of how much can i retain, it should be how do i retain the maximum?
It is unlikely - actually in the long term probably impossible, to retain 100% of gains from steroids when switching to natural production or a TRT dose of exogenous androgens from a BB style dose or whatever… Eventually ‘catabolism’ would win and you muscle would be totally proportionate to the level of work you do, calories you intake, anabolic hormones and catabolic hormones… not just sex hormones of course, not to mention different lifestyle from no drinking, less stresses at work, older age… the lot.

However, EVEN if you were taking my post literally then you still didn’t fill in the gaps. I was saying it also depends on how far over a natural limit (which doesn’t really exist but for this argument i meant the point when natural gains slow to the point of being at a near standstill) one gets will have a large factor into how much you stand to lose… as well as how far above your natural ability to produce anabolic hormones you supplement with.

The point to the answer i gave (albeit in-between the lines somewhat) was that the variables i mentioned are not ones that can be answered with any accuracy, and are also only two variables out of many (as i wrote in this post - i am sure there are more that i forgot or simply never comprehended…)

So in short, ask what can be done to retain the maximum gains… so that would be things like:

Not dropping high dose androgens down too low, and/or too long.
Keeping calories high/low depending on your desired results.
Adapting lifestyle and training to avoid stress, both physical and psychological.
Training in a specific and apt way for said goal.
Supplements to help support this goal.
i am sure this has been said above, as it is just common sense to those who ‘know’ - but i am in ‘advanced’ post’ and cannot be bothered to open another tab to check… hopefully it is of interest :wink:

Brook

Thank you Brook for your thoughtful response. What I was asking, is that assuming your training, diet, supplements, and lifestyle remain “dialed in”, wouldn’t keeping a your test in the High Normal range during the off time periods through TRT (at whatever dose is necessary to keep test at high normal) be the best to maximize retention of cycle gains?

This way there is no PCT time period to deal with. Said another way, once you gain an amount of dry muscle mass through a cycle, is training, diet, supps, together with a test level in the high normal range enough to maintain that new muscle mass or is catabolism take over regardless of what you do? I know everyone is different and there is no formula?

All else being equal, it seems like it would be easier to retain new muscle if you always stay in the high normal test range during off periods rather than restarting naturally. Make sense?

All being equal, and thus not being a real life situation as all is NOT equal… then yes. That is right.

Basically, the higher amount of Test you use or ‘have’ between cycles, the more of your gains you will likely keep.

Dantes B+C protocol dictates 1-2g of Test for 4 weeks of blasting and 400mg of test for 2 weeks of cruising. I don’t think this is the best or safest way of doing it - BUT it surely will produce results that will stick… as one is not falling below around 6-700mg of test a week…*

*If you input 1-2g of test e over 4 weeks into the roidcalc, then put in 2 weeks at 400mg… you will see that 400mg is never achieved, and that two weeks is nowhere near enough for a 1g/wk peak attained dose (in actual fact well over 1g/wk) to drop to 400mg.

I prefer to blast for longer and cruise for longer… i am playing with swapping to a short ester for the last 2 weeks of a blast to see if this helps (running 1 vial per week for the duration is not a nice thought).

I digress… to answer your question, yes the more test you use off cycle, the better you’ll retain - BUT you also will not be recovering and this is not recommended unless you want to compete, are on TRT already or are aiming to be a fucking freak (or all of the above).

Why can’t you just cycle like the rest? Sure some gains will drop off… but you will ‘re-gain’ quick enough and then you can improve on that too… It is akin to 3 steps forward and 1 back. Even two forward and one back is great going.

Just compare 10lbs after 8 weeks of a cycle to what you’d have gained naturally - say 2lbs.

Brook

I’m in my last week of PCT from a 3 week epi cycle and I haven’t lost anything. In fact I’ve gotten stronger is a bunch of lifts too!