T Nation

Best Squat Suit for Bodybuilder Physique?

Hey guys, just getting into my heavy offseason training. I am a bodybuilder but I train at a powerlifting gym and train more like a powerlifter than a bodybuilder.

I really want to try out a squat suit, but havent had luck so far picking one.

I bought an Inzer Champion and got a size up and couldnt even get it up my legs!

I have pretty big quads/hams/glutes but a 32" waist so I havent been able to find a suit that fits my bodytype.

Any reccomendations on a beginner squat suit that will fit well and be relatively easy to get on? I am not looking for a lot of carryover, I just want some support and ease of use to introduce myself to using a suit.

I want something with more room in the thighs and enough length top to bottom to fit my long torso

im 5’11 and get up to 240-250 lbs

thanks!

Check out the squat suit thread. Another idea would be to just get a pair of briefs and use those.

Probably have to get it custom made i assume. Or get yours tailored.

You could just save your money and not get one.

You know, just train and be strong.

[quote]black_angus1 wrote:
Check out the squat suit thread. Another idea would be to just get a pair of briefs and use those.[/quote]

yeah I am leaning toward just trying briefs out first…

Any input on the Inzer Power Pants? they look like they might be a good way to get introduced

[quote]308smk wrote:
Probably have to get it custom made i assume. Or get yours tailored.[/quote]

Hmm yeah that might be an option… It seems like the best thing is to measure everywhere and then call somewhere to discuss it rather than just going by a chart online!

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
You could just save your money and not get one.

You know, just train and be strong.[/quote]

im not worried about spending $50-200 on something i care about, i make plenty

if I was hard up for $ I wouldnt be buying powerlifting gear

[quote]iForce Dave wrote:

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
You could just save your money and not get one.

You know, just train and be strong.[/quote]

im not worried about spending $50-200 on something i care about, i make plenty

if I was hard up for $ I wouldnt be buying powerlifting gear

[/quote]
It’s a waste of money, no matter how rich you are.

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:

[quote]iForce Dave wrote:

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
You could just save your money and not get one.

You know, just train and be strong.[/quote]

im not worried about spending $50-200 on something i care about, i make plenty

if I was hard up for $ I wouldnt be buying powerlifting gear

[/quote]
It’s a waste of money, no matter how rich you are.

[/quote]
Can’t tell if troll or serious, uh, um powerlifting forum
powerlifting forum

[quote]knotginuwhine wrote:

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:

[quote]iForce Dave wrote:

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
You could just save your money and not get one.

You know, just train and be strong.[/quote]

im not worried about spending $50-200 on something i care about, i make plenty

if I was hard up for $ I wouldnt be buying powerlifting gear

[/quote]
It’s a waste of money, no matter how rich you are.

[/quote]
Can’t tell if troll or serious, uh, um powerlifting forum
powerlifting forum
[/quote]

So? What’s lifting a heavy weight if you have to wear a suit to do it. If you can’t lift the weight on your own, you don’t need to lift it.

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:

[quote]knotginuwhine wrote:

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:

[quote]iForce Dave wrote:

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
You could just save your money and not get one.

You know, just train and be strong.[/quote]

im not worried about spending $50-200 on something i care about, i make plenty

if I was hard up for $ I wouldnt be buying powerlifting gear

[/quote]
It’s a waste of money, no matter how rich you are.

[/quote]
Can’t tell if troll or serious, uh, um powerlifting forum
powerlifting forum
[/quote]

So? What’s lifting a heavy weight if you have to wear a suit to do it. If you can’t lift the weight on your own, you don’t need to lift it.[/quote]

OP says he’s 5’11"250 with a 32" waist, this is a powerlifting forum and he stated in his original post that he is an off season bodybuilder, ie. doesn’t care bout the numbers. Ask Johnnie Jackson, or Matt k. If suits are a waist of money, I’m sorry perhaps you’re Johnnie Jackson?

O ya if you were you likely wouldn’t be busting some anonymous, alleged monster’s, balls about his use of powerlifting gear in a powerlifting forum.

I choose not to use gear either, but it’s less of a waste of money for someone 5’11" 250 w a 32" waist than whatever money you spent on whatever Internet enabled device you are trolling from.

[quote]iForce Dave wrote:

It seems like the best thing is to measure everywhere and then call somewhere to discuss it rather than just going by a chart online![/quote]

Absolutely.

Get your measurements then contact Ken at AndersonPowerlifting

Not trying to troll, just curious…

What is the purpose of someone interested in bodybuilding to use gear?

(sorry if im derailing the thread)

[quote]illadelphia91 wrote:
Not trying to troll, just curious…

What is the purpose of someone interested in bodybuilding to use gear?

(sorry if im derailing the thread)[/quote]
I’m kind of curious about this myself. Doing reps in gear wouldn’t be fun.

[quote]OBoile wrote:

[quote]illadelphia91 wrote:
Not trying to troll, just curious…

What is the purpose of someone interested in bodybuilding to use gear?

(sorry if im derailing the thread)[/quote]
I’m kind of curious about this myself. Doing reps in gear wouldn’t be fun.[/quote]

Not a bodybuilder and I don’t use gear, but I can hypothesize several reasons

  1. Fun
  2. Added variety
  3. Safety for extreme weight
  4. Accommodating resistance I think you call it, you know like when Shawn frankl uses astronomical weights with reverse bands so he can feel what 1100 is like on his back making 1000 easier, does that make sense? Like say this dude is for real and he’s 5’11" 250 w a 32" waist, a 500 raw squat working weight is well within contemplation, so say he could work up to 700 in gear, in a gaining phase, likely 500 will seem easier leading to long term bigger gains.
    If there are any other reasons I’d love to know from the OP his logic, specially if its else.
    It’s always fun to lift and fun to dabble.

never though of point 4, but it does make sense

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
You could just save your money and not get one.

You know, just train and be strong.[/quote]

What the fuck? I thought I was in the powerlifting forum.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:
You could just save your money and not get one.

You know, just train and be strong.[/quote]

What the fuck? I thought I was in the powerlifting forum.
[/quote]

I literally double checked the forum I was in before I replied because the exact same words ran through my mind.

You may consider an Inzer Hard Core suit. It is a pretty good balance of carryover and “stretchiness” making the fit more forgiving, especially in single ply. My first squat suit was a double ply Hard Core and it fit me as I grew from 200 to over 220 pounds.

Yeah, we’re all in the powerlifting forum but it doesn’t mean we all support geared lifting. You can be a raw powerlifter and dislike gear. DIFFERING OPINIONS WILL HAPPEN AND STUFF