Best Single Supplement?

If you could only use one supp for a year (excluding protein powders and the like) what would it be?

Couldn’t find anything like this on the other threads, and thought it would be fun to hear what people thought.

Fish oil caps. A multi is important too but you can tweak your diet to make up for that.

^ You can eat enough fish :slight_smile:

Anyway it is a toss up between Multi or joint support for me, since i have hurting knees.

Would have to be Tribex.

I agree that diet can make up for all the other supps like protein powder or EFA or multi vitamins, if you have the time and dedication.

But Tribex has a major effect on me, so I would fall back to just that if I could only have one.

All I use is Grow!, Surge and ZMA throughout the year.

I’m using some HOT-ROX at the moment, so I guess that would be the one I would keep (not counting the above-mentioned supplements), as it comes in handy for those of us that hate to diet and love to eat!

“Begin Hijack”

How many people here count fish oils, efa, flax, and other “suppliments” as food? I’ve quit considering my Grow! and EFA compunds as suppliments, they now fall into the realm of food. Anyone else have this mindset switch?

“end Hyjack”

La’
Redsol1

Oh, I still say creatine is the single best “price per pound” suppliment.

A little bit off topic here…

First, food is always more important than supplements.

2nd, if you’re advanced…you’ll automatically know your needs and what works, what doesn’t.

Back to the topic…

For most bang for a buck…I’l’ go with creatine and ZMA. I’ve never done Biotest supps thou…

To answer the HiJack, I do roll up fish oil and protein powder under food. I rationalize this by the fact that if I wasn’t using them, I would simply buy/eat more food.

When considering an anabolic or fat inhibiting type supplement (to provide an edge), If Carbolin 19 pans out, I will probably stay on it year round. I’m almost 6 weeks into a 12 wk cycle, and it’s still too early to give it a final grade. Nothing significant in terms of lean mass gains, but I am slightly leaner (visually, waist is down, etc.). Granted, my assessment is subjective, based on scales, tape, mirror…Nothing precise. My diet and training is appropriate, so if changes aren’t apparent after 12 weeks, I couldn’t continue to justify the cost.

If the study results transfer into the real world, I think it’s a no brainer.

I’d bring back MAG-10, since we’re on a fictitous “what if”.

Along those same lines- I wonder how many people have taken steroids that wouldn’t have before, now that prohormones are banned.
sorry for the hijack…

I would say a good Multi Vitamin like USANA would be first on my list. Then Pharmacutical grade fish oils (12 caps per day). then Grow!, Creatine and Surge

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
“Begin Hijack”

How many people here count fish oils, efa, flax, and other “suppliments” as food? I’ve quit considering my Grow! and EFA compunds as suppliments, they now fall into the realm of food. Anyone else have this mindset switch?

“end Hyjack”

La’
Redsol1

Oh, I still say creatine is the single best “price per pound” suppliment.

[/quote]

I think you’ve got it here. Anything that is basically food or from food, is food. Supplements are things that are not normally eaten.

RED KAT, Alpha Male, or TRIBEX would be my first choices.

[quote]skullcowboy wrote:
A little bit off topic here…

First, food is always more important than supplements.

2nd, if you’re advanced…you’ll automatically know your needs and what works, what doesn’t. [/quote]

Totally agree, can get everything you need from foods. Period. Just wanted to find out what people supp w/. Hope there was no confusion.

bring back 4-AD-EC

I would have to say I too consider things like Grow! Protein and fish oils to be foods. So if I could choose one “supplement” it would be Methoxy-7. I really love that product!

Creatine for me. The best athletic performance enhancing supplement ever.

MAG-10 hands down. Still the only thing that has ever been sold over the counter where I didn’t have to wonder “is this doing anything?” I also loved the old Androsol spray. Maybe just my imagination, but I used to feel somthing immediately upon application. Oh, the good old days.

Anything that adds calories to my diet is food–all else is a supplement–in my opinion.

As far as supplemnts go I’d have to say aspirin (81mg)–I know, I know, it’s not stricly a supplement because it adds no lacking vitamins or minerals to ones diet. But for me it aids in recovery and benefits my heart–at least until some research scientists say otherwise.

Workout/postworkout protien / carb / creatine / glutamine / BCAA powders for sure. If you don’t consider it all one supplement, the order of importance is the order they’re in.

[quote]hankr wrote:
MAG-10 hands down. Still the only thing that has ever been sold over the counter where I didn’t have to wonder “is this doing anything?” I also loved the old Androsol spray. Maybe just my imagination, but I used to feel somthing immediately upon application. Oh, the good old days.[/quote]

Agreed on MAG-10, when considering defunct products. ANDROSOL definitely evoked a “feel” effect…I never got that feeling from 4-AD-EC, or any other oral 4-AD product, which caused me to believe that the transdermal app was superior. Loved Androsol effects, not the application hassle.

Since I consider Grow! and Surge food (and use them year round to begin with), I’d have to go with Methoxy-7.

Or possibly Carbolin 19 once I’ve given that a longer go (a few weeks in and loving it so far!).

Cool idea for a thread, btw.