Best Shoes for Squats?

wrestling shoes

[quote]SGDerek wrote:
Do you guys seriously train in combat boots?

Hahaha, I’m sorry, but that’s one of the most ridiculous mental images I’ve ever conjured.
[/quote]
you’d be surprised how many guys do this. especially, you know, people in the military…

OBVIOUSLY people in the military are going to train in their issued equipment.

I’m talking about everybody else.

No shoes, chuck taylors or wrestling shoes. I prefer the no shoes option

[quote]SGDerek wrote:
OBVIOUSLY people in the military are going to train in their issued equipment.

I’m talking about everybody else.[/quote]

yea some hard core Bodybuilders in hard core gym…
My YMCA and a gym I work out at is fairly hard core but on the rules posted around the gym right after “do not drop weights”
there is “No combat boots”

The last gym I was at Very Old Y there was rust and calk on the weights and there was a few dudes that lifted with Combat boots…

I purchased a pair of Chucks not to long ago. Not only do they work great but I can’t believe how comfortable those ugly fuckers are.

I agree, no shoes, chucks, or wrestling shoes. I’ve never heard of the combat boots (weird because I’m in the military). That’s good news though, I’m going to see how they work out for me.

[quote]DanErickson wrote:
I purchased a pair of Chucks not to long ago. Not only do they work great but I can’t believe how comfortable those ugly fuckers are.[/quote]

x2. They are ugly as shit but I wear mine all the time (at least all the time when I’m at home).

[quote]robo1 wrote:
SGDerek wrote:
Do you guys seriously train in combat boots?

Hahaha, I’m sorry, but that’s one of the most ridiculous mental images I’ve ever conjured.

you’d be surprised how many guys do this. especially, you know, people in the military…

[/quote]

I am in the Army and when I was in Iraq we had a gym. I didn’t have the luxury of training in my shorts and wife beater though. So Combat boots it was. I found that squatting in them felt good because of the raised heel. Now that I am at home I squat in my Nike Free’s