T Nation

Best Shaker Bottle

Looking to see what others recommend. I need some new ones.

Best I’ve used is GNC Pro Performance, it has the swirly red mixer thing under the cap that goes about half-way down the shaker. I do not recommend Blender Ball shakers, I’ve had two plastic covers break on me.

I use a gatorade bottle and a funnel (generally a rolled up piece of paper) add water and shake 5 seconds.

I use a regular plastic container with a spout; I added a sphere of tie-wire to make a cheap shaker bottle.

I use the ones from GNC that are about 20 oz. and come with the swirly balls inside.

I use a 3 dollar one from walmart, its cheap, it works, I like it, although sometimes I wish it were bigger.

[quote]bradden wrote:
its cheap, it works, I like it, although sometimes I wish it were bigger.[/quote]

Don’t we all.

I use Optimum Nutrition’s bottles. Wide mouth, large capacity and pretty inexpensive… However, the flip caps crack and subsequently leak. But I definitely get my $5 worth from them.

I also recently bought a blender bottle. So far I really like it, but I’ve only had it a few weeks so I can’t say anything about it’s durability.

I use the one from GNC that takes triple A batteries.

The blender bottle with the little metal whisk. That thing is beast at breaking up protein

Blender Bottle.

Sturdy, easy wash and practical. Love it!

funmetal

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I do not recommend Blender Ball shakers, I’ve had two plastic covers break on me.[/quote]

I’m not sure what you are doing with yours, but none of my 4 have ever broken.

Maybe you should take care of your stuff?

my bottles are starting to smell. i was hoping to get something that wont take on odor. like a nalgeen or a stainless steel bottle

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
PB Andy wrote:
I do not recommend Blender Ball shakers, I’ve had two plastic covers break on me.

I’m not sure what you are doing with yours, but none of my 4 have ever broken.

Maybe you should take care of your stuff?
[/quote]

What do you think I’m doing with it, throwing it across the room?

I’ve learned using a normal shaker bottle with a couple of ice cubes put in it works just as well as a blender bottle.

[quote]funmetal wrote:

Sturdy, easy wash and practical. Love it!

funmetal[/quote]

me too , very the best shaker

good solution, a good mix of supplements.

a bit noisy vacuum, but hey, it’s not the same horror when lol

[quote]bradden wrote:
I use a 3 dollar one from walmart, its cheap, it works, I like it, although sometimes I wish it were bigger.[/quote]

I have two of the walmart Body Fortress shaker bottles.

I wonder how cheap the plastic is. Leave it sitting wet long enough and it smells funky.

I wouldn’t mind paying a bit more for a stainless steel or nalgene bottle.

[quote]bwbski wrote:
my bottles are starting to smell. i was hoping to get something that wont take on odor. like a nalgeen or a stainless steel bottle[/quote]

I have the same problem. According to Tupperware, a way to remove smells from plastic containers is to ball up a couple sheets of newspaper and enclose it inside the container for a few days (up to a week even). Supposedly, carbon in the newsprint will absorb the smell. Alternative: a charcoal bricquette (sp?)

I found this info using Google, and am trying newspaper right now.

I’ve seen ones with built in blenders in the cup. Look pretty snazzy…