Best Section in the 5/3/1 Book

I’m 38 years old and have been weight training since I was 13. I never had anyone to show me how to do anything. Most of my technique was learned just from moving weight and watching others. Back in October 2013 I got the original 5/3/1 book and decided to go all in with the program. I read the book twice before I started the program in November.

Since then, I keep it in my garage gym on my bench and constantly look it over in between sets. Throughout this forum there is alot of posts in regards to the 5/3/1 program itself and don’t get me wrong, I love it. But my faovrite part of the book is the section on the technique in regards to the 4 lifts. Most of the bullet points in there were enlightening to me.

Right away I incorporated the hands close, elbows down technique for my backsquat and good things started to happen. Today I started putting my chin up on my strict presses and came out of the hole with WAY more power.

I just wanted to throw this out there because so many people post asking about there form and technique, and I firmly believe that if you constantly read and re-read this section in between sets, good technique will become subconscious and ingrained in you mind and body.