Best Rock Guitarist Ever?

Just Listen

^Doesnt their drummer look like Tim Tebow on the drums??? haha

Tosin Abasi from Animals as Leaders

They have done numerous greatest guitarast of all time things. I used to hear about them on the rock stations all the time. Though sometimes the top 10 would change somewhat from contest to contest(these contests were voted on, some by other musicians, some by fans.

The one thing that has never ever ever changed was the #1 guitarast of all time. That will always be Jimi Hendrix. sorry guys, there is no debate here. NONE. Eddie van halen was a good guitarast, but he was nothing compared to Jimi. Not even close. Eric Clapton used to go watch Jimi played. Even Eric knew who the man was. Why this is even a thread is beyond me.

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
Eric Clapton used to go watch Jimi played. Even Eric knew who the man was. Why this is even a thread is beyond me.[/quote]

Something tells me Hendrix went to a Cream concert at least once. The admiration wasn’t one-sided:

Prince’s rock sensibilities should at least earn him an honorable mention, even though he is up against more specialized artists.

Dude’s got chops.

^^^
He turned up! At least it’s beyond him…
RV that is.

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:
^^^
He turned up! At least it’s beyond him…
RV that is.[/quote]

we could also do greatest rock voices of all time. Just my personal opinion as far as uniqueness goes, Robert Plant, Jim Morrison, Axl Rose. They all have a very unique sound.

My favorite mailbox color is green.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
My favorite mailbox color is green.[/quote]

Like a turtle.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Like a turtle.[/quote]

I just ADORE turtles.

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Like a turtle.[/quote]

I just ADORE turtles.[/quote]

Me too. I just love everything about them…I gotta say…I’m a turtle fan!!

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Like a turtle.[/quote]

I just ADORE turtles.[/quote]
As long as they are mutant.

So this is what a hyjack looks like…

Is it because RV replied or do you all just want to shit on the thread entire

[quote]Viernes wrote:

Is it because RV replied or do you all just want to shit on the thread entire[/quote]
I assumed it was RV and business…

[quote]Viernes wrote:

Is it because RV replied or do you all just want to shit on the thread entire[/quote]

Did you reverse the last 2 words to sound poetic?

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:
So who is? And what I mean is who is the best overall guitar player in what I consider two important aspects:

1. Can actually play well, is technically proficient. Doesn’t have to be EVH, Paul Gilbert or Yngwie. Someone like Slash is acceptable. If you think Kurt Cobain would be acceptable, you’d be wrong, in that he was a good songwriter, but wasn’t a very capable player. Slash is both. Angus isn’t.
  2. Can write good songs. By good I mean “catchy”. That could be Dimebag “catchy” or Tom Scholz “catchy”.
    This isn’t about being influential, although that’s a bonus.
    What say you?

[/quote]
I’m reposting the original objective in hopes of getting back on track. Reread “by good I mean catchy”
Can we agree it’s really hard to whistle a DT or Animals As Leaders melody, riff or solo, regardless of how awesome they are as players and composers?
Or maybe my whistling skills suck…

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Viernes wrote:

Did you reverse the last 2 words to sound poetic?[/quote]

Depends on if it gave you a boner or not.

[quote]Viernes wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Viernes wrote:

Did you reverse the last 2 words to sound poetic?[/quote]

Depends on if it gave you a boner or not.
[/quote]
Don’t derail this thread with boner talk, sir.